• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Billy Hamilton is fast

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Billy Hamilton scored on a 130-foot sacrifice fly today against the Cardinals. Not one of those goofy, over the shoulder foul pop catches where the guy has his back turned to the plate, either. Just a fly ball to shallow right field.

Also had a couple of stolen bases, a triple that by all rights should have been a double, and another run on a sac fly that wasn't all that deep. Dude is fast.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.js ... mode=video

VJ_Sportsgeek

Hes got great speedy and could easily lead the league in stolen bases, but his main probibly is consistently hitting and gettin on base. If hes able to put together consistent atbats and find a way to get on base more, should be an easy run to bring in with Votto and Bruce behind him

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That was incredible but Jon Jay did a terrible job on that play. He didn't get behind the ball to make a proper throw.

I mean come on dude, its Hamilton, he's almost always running.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
He had a triple in that same game and it took him 10.5 seconds to get to third base, that's unreal. He also stole a base and Yadier Molina didn't even bother throwing the ball...again unreal. If he can get on base this guy will be the ultimate weapon for the Reds.

arock1234

Registered Member
He is a very exciting player, no question, but I just don't think he will be able to get on base enough to be effective. Reminds me a lot of Wily Taveras. Great speed but just can't hit at all.

He beat out a ground ball to first the other day that was pretty incredible I love guys that bring speed like that adds a whole new dimension of excitement.