Movies Billy Bob Thornton as Freddy Krueger?!

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Vegito728, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Source: Rumor: Billy Bob Thornton as Freddy Krueger?! « FirstShowing.net

I'm a fan of Billy Bob Thornton and think he's a great actor. And after seeing this pic,

[​IMG]

I think he could pull it off.

These are nothing but rumors right now but I won't be surprised at all if they ended up making a remake/reboot.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

After seeing that image, I'll give him a chance. I'm so use to Robert being Freddy Krueger with his personality and style, it'll be tough moving on to a new person.

If they do decide to remake, they better get in the new era 'cuz those Freddy Krueger movies from the 80's are now laughable. Nothing too gory, of course, just something more frightening that'll give you a scare.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Ehh . . he doesn't have a mean enough face. Freddy is a sadistic bastard and Thorton (at least in that photo) looks silly and fruity.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Nightmare on Elm Street Remake

Billy Bob Thornton will be playing Freddy Krueger in the announced "Nightmare on Elm Street" remake.

Thornton To Star In Nightmare On Elm Street Remake

5. kajinpl

kajinpl Registered Member

OK, that puts an interesting spin on things. I don't know what they plan to do with this one, but at a least they have a good actor. My only thing is most horror movies lately that involve teenagers usually ends up a sucky movie in my opinion. Hopefully they will prove me wrong.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Y'know, I always just saw Robert Englund as the sole role of Freddy Krueger, but I'm willing to give Billy Bob a shot. If they do it right, they'll make it better then those laughable Nightmare on Elm Street movies from the 80's.

Good luck, Billy.

7. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't fuck with a classic!

I hate the fact that Hollyweird is remaking movies. Leave Freddy alone! Go pick on a crappier Horror flick that needs to be done right like...Troll, Chopping mall, or even I spit on your grave. Anything! But leave Freddy alone!

Get some original thought Hollyweird, quit doing remakes!

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Hollywood won't EVER stop doing remakes though because remakes are guaranteed money.