Bills hire Chan Gailey

Discussion in 'NFL' started by CaptainObvious, Jan 19, 2010.

1. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Bills are a mess. You feel bad for Ralph Wilson. The man knows he's running out of chances and he doesn't want to put a crappy team on the field. It's just sad for him.

What does Leslie Frazier have to do for a job?

3. CaptainObvious

You know, I just sent a buddy of mine a text asking the same question. I like Gailey as an OC but I'm just not sold on him as a head coach. I think Frazier deserves a shot at a head coaching position and would have liked to see him go there instead.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Frazier would probably have this job if his team wasn't still alive in the playoffs. Since his team is still playing I dont think they can hire him.

5. CaptainObvious

True, but I would think teams would wait until the playoffs are over and interview him.

6. Babe_Ruth

Totally agree with you on this one CO, if they really wanted him they would of waited for him.

I wish that Dungey would of taken the Seattle Job as the President because he said he would hire Frazier as his head coach. I want to see what this guy can do as the main coach on a team.

7. Hatton

Hatton Registered Member

Living in the radio distance of Buffalo, this has been a running issue on my radio dial... and I don't listen to sports.

Most folks think that the newly hired GM Buddy Nix hired Chan Gailey because they had worked together in the past. It's going to be interesting to see what happens next... I'm not sure if TO has agreed to continue his contract and they're still trying to decide which way they're going with the quarterback issue.

The Bills have one big thing going for them - an amazingly loyal fan base. Wilson's in his 90's, there is no promise that the team will stay here when he goes and yet the fans are still there in 20 degree weather cheering on a team that hasn't made it to the playoffs in 10 years.

8. Babe_Ruth

I have a real rough time seeing Terrell Owens in Buffalo next season since he barely got the ball while playing with them. At this pont and time in his career he’s probably looking for a team that is a contender for the Super Bowl. So I believe he’ll take a pay cut to play on a team that has a chance to win it all next season. But at the same time, sign with a team that will pass him the ball. It will definitely be an interesting off-season for Owens and I look forward to follow it.

9. CaptainObvious

I agree, the Bills fans are extremely loyal and that is great to see. I also think Cowher had something to do with it being that Wilson was interested in hiring him and Cowher declining it and recommending Gailey.

I like Gailey. I just think he's a better OC than a HC.

10. Hatton

Hatton Registered Member

Last night at midnight they let one of the long-time front office men go - John Guy. They thought so much of him the press release was two sentences long:

WBEN NewsRadio 930 : Buffalo & Niagara Falls, NY - Bills Fire VP of Pro Personnel John Guy