• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bill would raise minimum wage for H-1B visas

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
One major change to that system is already under discussion: making it harder for companies to use H-1B workers to replace Americans by simply giving the foreign workers a raise. The "Protect and Grow American Jobs Act," introduced last week by Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif. and Scott Peters, D-Calif., would significantly raise the wages of workers who get H-1B visas. If the bill becomes law, the minimum wage paid to H-1B workers would rise to at least $100,000 annually, and be adjusted it for inflation. Right now, the minimum is $60,000.
Congress will consider proposal to raise H-1B minimum wage to $100,000

I hope they do. I think it is part of the reason that college grads are making less money.

Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Maybe raising the minimum wage for work visas will help with this.

The latest answer to all these questions came yesterday following a new analysis of Fed data by the Young Invincibles group, according to which with a median household income of $40,581, despite being better educated, millennials now earn 20% less than boomers did at the same stage of life in 1989, who earned $50,910 some 25 years ago.
Why Millennials Are Behind: They Earn 20% Less Than Boomers Did At The Same Age | Zero Hedge

Thought it was strange in the graph comparing what the different races made that they didn't include Asians.