• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bill Gives Nearly $1 Billion To Aid Border Migrants

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The GOP’s draft 2015 “omnibus” spending bill reportedly includes $948 million to help poor and unskilled Central American migrants establish themselves in the United States, but includes no effective restrictions on President Barack Obama’s plan to provide work permits and tax payments to millions of resident illegal immigrants.

GOP Spending Bill Gives Nearly $1 Billion To Aid Border Migrants | The Daily Caller
I hoped but doesn't look like the GOP will do much about Obama's executive action on immigration. Maybe they can't I don't know. I guess they were just giving lip service in hopes of more votes. I don't think we can count on either side to put US citizens and legal immigrants first. Doesn't seem like what the majority of the people want matters to any of them.

Thoughts?

dDave

V.I.P.
I hoped but doesn't look like the GOP will do much about Obama's executive action on immigration. Maybe they can't I don't know. I guess they were just giving lip service in hopes of more votes. I don't think we can count on either side to put US citizens and legal immigrants first. Doesn't seem like what the majority of the people want matters to any of them.

Thoughts?
The new Congress doesn't go into session until January.

I wish that the house would impeach Obama and then impeach him again and again if he keeps getting off scotch free. Political suicide? Maybe, but we can't sit idly by and let this man declare himself Emperor of America. Inconvenience Obama in whatever way possible. Of course, that may not be what the majority of the American people want, I would also argue the majority of the American people don't realize how serious the treason of our president is.

Clinton got impeached (and he deserved it) for lying to congress. Nixon resigned because of Watergate. Obama has done FAR worse than either of these men and he's still in a safe position. Nixon and Clinton don't hold a candle to Obama in terms of corruption and dishonesty.

I have to wonder if half of our politicians know what the term "illegal immigrant" means. I'll give you a hint, the word "illegal" is in the name, therefore you don't really have to think all that hard to realize they're breaking the law, what this country was built on.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag

Thoughts?
The Chamber of Commerce is all in on the immigration thing. The amout of money they give dwarfs what the rest of give in donations. The Chamber is probably more of a Republican thing than aDemocrat thing, so yeah we're screwed. What voters want doesn't matter much here.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Is it not illegal to order benefits for illegals by prosecutorial discretion? I always thought the term "prosecutorial discretion" meant the discretion to not prosecute, not the discretion to reward illegal activity at taxpayers expense. So what I am getting from recent events is that POTUS is above all law and accountability according to the American systems of politics and law. USA is an imperial state... I've heard it said before, but I didn't think I'd ever see it proven. So what's next? Erasing the border between the US and Mexico? Might as well.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The new Congress doesn't go into session until January.

I wish that the house would impeach Obama and then impeach him again and again if he keeps getting off scotch free. Political suicide? Maybe, but we can't sit idly by and let this man declare himself Emperor of America. Inconvenience Obama in whatever way possible. Of course, that may not be what the majority of the American people want, I would also argue the majority of the American people don't realize how serious the treason of our president is.

Clinton got impeached (and he deserved it) for lying to congress. Nixon resigned because of Watergate. Obama has done FAR worse than either of these men and he's still in a safe position. Nixon and Clinton don't hold a candle to Obama in terms of corruption and dishonesty.

I have to wonder if half of our politicians know what the term "illegal immigrant" means. I'll give you a hint, the word "illegal" is in the name, therefore you don't really have to think all that hard to realize they're breaking the law, what this country was built on.
Obama should be impeached and while we are at it go back and put Bush and Cheney on trial for war crimes. These presidents need to be reigned in.
------
The Chamber of Commerce is all in on the immigration thing. The amout of money they give dwarfs what the rest of give in donations. The Chamber is probably more of a Republican thing than aDemocrat thing, so yeah we're screwed. What voters want doesn't matter much here.
No what we want doesn't matter. All both sides care about is getting the Latino vote. You just wait when we get our next president, which will likely be republican, they will also give them amnesty and money while at the same time cutting real citizens SS or other benefits. They will scream we can't afford it, I guess not with handing out money to people that should be arrested and deported. Of course don't forget about the billions that is given to other countries.

Last edited:

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Americans are too proud a people to ever impeach someone they elected to power.
(And I chose the word 'proud' to be politically correct, there were other candidates)

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is it not illegal to order benefits for illegals by prosecutorial discretion? I always thought the term "prosecutorial discretion" meant the discretion to not prosecute, not the discretion to reward illegal activity at taxpayers expense. So what I am getting from recent events is that POTUS is above all law and accountability according to the American systems of politics and law. USA is an imperial state... I've heard it said before, but I didn't think I'd ever see it proven. So what's next? Erasing the border between the US and Mexico? Might as well.

- Cham
Our government is doing its best to erase that border. It seems we bend over backwards for the illegals from the south. Yet let someone try to become a citizen legally and we make them jump through hoops taking every penny they have. Kind of screwed up.

The president seems to be above all law. This one and the last yahoo that was in office along with his minion called Cheney.
------
Americans are too proud a people to ever impeach someone they elected to power.
(And I chose the word 'proud' to be politically correct, there were other candidates)

- Cham
The problem is impeachment is only talked about when its not one of their own. Both sides will let one of their own do anything and stick up for them while screaming impeachment when the other side does anything.

Last edited:

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I'm sorry, what are the prerequisites for being POTUS again? It's been so long since they were enforced I plumb forgot.

- Cham