• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bill Ford Stepping Down from CEO of Ford!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, this is huge news:

Ford names Boeing executive CEO - Automotive - MSNBC.com

Bill Ford, the great grandson of Henry Ford has stepped down as CEO of Ford Motors. I guess he was in such a bind that it was something he had to do.

He will remain executive chairman, but has passed the CEO position to top Boeing executive Alan Mulally, who received credit for rejuvenating Boeing over the past several years.

So I guess this is bad news for Boeing, and good for Ford. I'm a Ford driver myself, and I've always felt that they have made solid vehicles. It would be a shame to see them go under and I hope this decision is one that helps turn the company around.

:)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
They didn't go under just yet. I belive the brought him in to try to revitalize the company, poor Bill just couldn't handle it. This could be a blessing for what used to be one of the best American automakers.