• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Biggest WWE Surprise, 2010

What was the biggest surprise?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
2009 Winner: Sheamus winning the WWE Title over John Cena

I really think we've got three solid choices for the biggest surprise in the WWE in 2010. Choices are below...

*Bret "Hitman" Hart returns to WWE programming and embraces Shawn Michaels after being away for over a decade.

*The Nexus shows up, destroys RAW, and destroys Cena in one of the more jaw dropping moments in recent memory.

*The Miz cashes in Money in the Bank and beats Randy Orton for the WWE title. Mike Mizanin winning the title is not something most people projected ever to happen.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Oh man, the Nexus. Who would have guessed that the humble likes of NXT could spawn such a historic monster? Bret Hart's return, on the other hand, was something that even I was telegraphing well in advance. And from what I can see, the Miz's big title is just yicky corporate decision making. I was not as much surprised with that last one as I was simply grossed out.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Bret and HBK was a really nice moment, but wasn't a gigantic surprise since both have grown up in their own ways.

Miz winning the title was the 2nd biggest shocker to me, because I truly thought he'd be the first to cash in Money in the Bank and lose. But the fact that he was waiting in the wings with the briefcase made it second to...

The debut of the Nexus, all the way. The night that it happened was just nuts. I think everyone in the wrestling world had their collective jaws on the floor. It started one of the most surprising factions in recent history, and its impact continues to this day.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nexus was a jaw dropper for me, no doubt about it. I agree with everything everyone has said so far.

What Nexus did was something I hadn't felt watching WWE programming in a LONG time. I was speechless. I watched it 50 times the next day at work on youtube.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I picked Nexus destroying the Raw set. I was like what the hell is going on. A bunch of no names terrorizing Raw. My first thought was that this angle was not going anywhere and then all of a sudden we saw the rise of Wade Barrett. It shocked me, but I wasn't happy about it at first and now I am a fan.

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
nexus for me too....

miz winning was a shocker and hart coming back was awesome but not the shocker the nexus was...too bad they screwed thatup with cena

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The Nexus debut was the only "surprise" that made me really go "oh shit!". The other two were bound to happen eventually.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
It looks as though Nexus has destroyed this poll. I would never have imagined an angle that completely obliterated the return of Bret Hart to WWE (however foolishly mishandled that may have been).

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to vote Bret Hart returns. In his return he made ammends with Shawn Michaels, he wrestled at Wrestlemania against Vince McMahon and he had a few other matches. No one expected him to ever wrestle again, maybe show up in the WWE like Tucker mentioned, but wrestle? Very unlikely due to that concussion from Bill.

The Nexus attacking Punk, Cena and Gallows was a shocker and I would of never expected to happen, but there's no way that it beats Bret Hart's return in my book.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am kind of surprised more people didn't pick Bret Hart's return; I figured it would get more votes than just the homer, BR. :) (jk buddy)

I guess it's the way I thought about my feelings when it happened. The Hart stuff was just a huge emotional moment but it didn't make my jaw drop in surprise like the Nexus destruction did. They each had a different feel to them but for the sake of the poll the surprise was Nexus. I don't know what you could call the Hart return. Relief? Bout time? Awesome? I dunno.