• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Biggest Wrestler after Sting never to wrestle for WWE?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think we can all agree on that Sting is the biggest wrestler to never wrestle for the WWE/F. Who do you consider the second biggest?

I believe Magnum T.A is a biggest one, he had a chance to be one of the best wrestlers in the company but his career got cut short due to a motorcycle accident. He would of probably joined the company and become a superstar if he did join them. He's one of the biggest case of What If's in the world of Wrestling.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
While Magnum T.A makes the most sense, I agree, I find that a few young stars are the biggest after Sting to never wrestle in the WWE.

Some notables:

AJ Styles
Homicide

Vampiro is also a name to mention... as is Abdullah the Butcher and Steve Corino.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
While I wouldn't agree with Homicide or Vampiro at all, I think that AJ Styles will be a bigger name in the history books than Magnum T.A. once his career is finished. To me, he's already the biggest name not to wrestle in the WWE outside of Sting.

I know that answering a question about someone that "never competed" in the WWE with a young-ish performer is probably stupid, but I can't think of anyone else in the older generation that stands out to me, personally.

If I really had good research, I'd probably have the names of some big-name Japanese wrestlers that haven't made it over yet.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
If I really had good research, I'd probably have the names of some big-name Japanese wrestlers that haven't made it over yet.
Well, Antonio Inoki never wrestled in WWE/F ever. He was a pure Japanese wrestler.

There's one.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
AJ Styles did work some matches on Jakked. He just didn't sign the dev deal the company offered that would have moved him from NWA to Heartland. And if you still think that AJ's even the second best who never wrestled under WWF/E contract, I got two words for ya: Stu Hart.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
AJ Styles did work some matches on Jakked. He just didn't sign the dev deal the company offered that would have moved him from NWA to Heartland. And if you still think that AJ's even the second best who never wrestled under WWF/E contract, I got two words for ya: Stu Hart.
Oh. Damn. Hard to remember Stu's career, but that makes perfect sense. Didn't the WWE induct him as a trainer RATHER than a wrestler?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, Antonio Inoki never wrestled in WWE/F ever. He was a pure Japanese wrestler.

There's one.
Antonio Inoki wrestled in the WWWF/WWF in the late 70's and mid 80's. He wrestled in two matches at WWF's The Brawl To End It All.

Tucker, I should be ashamed of myself for not even thinking of Stu Hart. Definitely number one in my book now. Even better then Magnum T.A who was a stud in his own right.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Antonio Inoki wrestled in the WWWF/WWF in the late 70's and mid 80's. He wrestled in two matches at WWF's The Brawl To End It All.
Really? But that is for the WWF. Maybe this means the WWE exclusively. Maybe not...

But Inoki deserves respect.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Yes, really. I did state in the OP that it can be someone from the WWE/F, so Inoki isn't allowed to be chosen.

Just a little source to back up my claim:

CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database
So there was a Martial Arts Championship in the WWF? WTH.

It's hard not to pick new guys from TNA and the like. The old guys have all had a hand in the WWE/F at one point.