Movies Biggest Surprise Ending?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What movie or movies gave you the biggest surprise ending?

USE SPOILER TAGS (if you describe the ending).

I'm going to go with the 6th Sense.

When I watched it a second time I noticed so many parts that I just never thought about. A lot of this "trick" was pulled off in the editing. The audience would think they were cutting to a new day or whatever just as a normal part of the movie flow but in reality a lot of scenes were cut short to avoid ruining the ending. I do wonder though how Bruce Willis' character could have legitimately been surprised. Theoretically he should have lived through all of the scenes we didn't see too. Did he think his wife was just ignoring him for an entire year or what?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Sixth Sense is definitely a give in.

I think Gran Torino is a good candidate as well.

3. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Gran Torino definitely fits the bill here. I would've thought pretty much the exact opposite to happen. Of course, some assholes spoiled it for me before I ever saw it.

4. KSpiceFantastic

KSpiceFantastic Haters gonna hate.

Easily The Departed. So many surprise endings in itself.

5. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

How could I forget that! My God, awesome ending, totally unexpected.

6. KSpiceFantastic

KSpiceFantastic Haters gonna hate.

Yeah, man. I saw it in the theater. Everyone was like "Oh. S***." Everyone was surprised.

7. Th3Pr3Tz3l

Th3Pr3Tz3l Registered Member

The Departed had an amazing ending.

I'm at a loss for that many surprise endings at the moment. I can just point out any Em Knight Shamylama movie :nod:

The only one I can think of at the moment is Basic Instinct. We were mislead the whole movie.

But really, how can anyone put Sharon Stone in jail...unless....NO pretzel! Bad pretzel! Think about that later tonight... xD

8. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Saw 1 and Se7en are two movies that immediately come to mind for me...

I remember my jaw literally dropped at the end of both of those.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Gran Torino and Seven both had awesome, shocking endings, but The Departed is the best that I can think of.

10. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I'll have to go with The Usual Suspects (at least off of the top of my head).

Millz likes this.