• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Biggest single Event

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
The biggest event that has thus far happened in my life was moving to Liverpool. It was the day that I think my life really started and I took the best leap in my adult life. I was finally moving out on my own properly where I could not run home to my mum if I had a bad day. I had to go back to my flat and deal with whatever happened, sure I had my mum at the end of a phone but it wasn't the same, I had to deal with bills, laundry and my first break of my own home for the first time entirely on my own.

It's coming up to eight years since I made this move and I have never looked back, I don't want to go home any more, if I have to for any more than two or three days I am climbing the walls desperate to get back to Liverpool and I think more than anything proves that Liverpool is my home and my parents place no longer is.

But what would be the biggest single event in your life?

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
moving up the country for university or meeting kevin. the second one was a pretty big risk, not because I suspected he was going to murder me in his basement or anything. it's because my family and friends all had serious doubts about me meeting someone from teh interwebs and I knew I'd have a ton of explaining to do. as someone who avoids confrontation at all costs, that was a huge step for me and probably the bravest thing I've ever forced myself to do despite knowing what people will say. it taught me that the easy decision isn't usually the right decision.

moving a few hours away to university changed my whole outlook on life. I became a much happier person even just in the first year. that's a long story that I won't get into but in short I think I was stuck in a rut at home.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tough call. It was a big step for me to leave home and go away for college. All I knew was home and not having my parents to rely on, was pretty weird. I almost didn't do it...about a week before college was due to start, I almost said I can't do it but I did do it and I'm really happy that I did.

Getting on a plane and going to England on my own was a pretty big deal too. It was easier for me than Rebecca since we already had lived together for a couple of months and I met her parents but still, its a big deal for me as someone who has barely flown before and then doing all that on my own was a little intimidating.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Geez I don't know, this is a tough one.

Coming out to my Mum was a big one. I don't think I've ever felt that nervous. Getting accepted into my animation course also felt like a pretty moment in my life. So much was riding on whether I got into that or not.