Biggest Rivalry?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Who do you think is the best/biggest rivalry in the WWE in the last 25 years?

I think it was Stone Cold and The Rock, they just carried the WWE in their prime, and both were great on the microphone and could actually wrestle. They also had tremoundous respect for each other.

I'll always remember when Stone Cold had his last match, and it was against the rock, at the end of the match Stone Cold told the Rock Thank you, I wouldn't want to wrestle anyone else.

I think it was the biggest and greatest.

Discuss.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

This could be a good topic of conversation...

You mentioned Rock/Austin and that was epic.

I personally enjoyed Rock/HHH and Austin/HHH as well. Taker/Kane was also a good one.

One that I think is better than those I mentioned was HBK and Bret Hart. One of the biggest reasons this rivalry was so good was because of the real life hatred that they had for each other. They were both awesome performers, two of the greatest of all time.

3. Babe_Ruth

HBK and Hart was so good I have to agree with you. I have to say that it helped that these two wrestlers didn't get along because the match looked more real, and both of them had huge ego's so both of them wanted to prove to the other that they were better wrestlers so it made that match just that much better. It's just ashame that Hart got screwed because we could of seen these two wrestlers going at it so many more times.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I thought that Stone Cold/Vince McMahon was a good one, even if it wasn't a purely in-ring rivalry. Another one that stands out for me is a stable/stable rivalry between The Corporation and DX (both in their primes, mind you). That goes from the start of The Corporation to when they merged with The Ministry of Darkness.

No one really mentioned The Rock/Mankind as a rivalry. I thought that both the rivalry and friendship that they had were awesome. Anyone else remember the empty arena match?

5. Babe_Ruth

Yeah I remember the empty arena match it was a classic in my opinion. I have to agree with you on Vince and Stone Cold. I think that rivalry is what really made Stone Sold. He could do anything he wanted to Vince, I'll always remember when he went to the hospital and hit McMahon will the bed pan, and he really hit him hard, and I believe Vince got a concussion. Classic rivalry I agree with that.