Biggest "problem" in your relationship

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Windwhisperer, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Windwhisperer

Windwhisperer Registered Member

What is the biggest conflict or problem in your current relationship? I really do believe there is no such thing as a perfect relationship and that love is loving someone fully while accepting their flaws and weaknesses.

Mine is that my boyfriend basically keeps me at an arms length of sorts. He has gone through some hectic stuff before he met me so he has some hectic trust issues therefore not opening up 100% to me protects him from the "possibility" of me crushing his heart. Its a battle I have to deal with all the time and it obviouslt affects our relationship.

2. Adastra

Adastra Registered Member

Our biggest issues right now are future plans conflicting. He wants one thing and I want something completely different, sad to say I think it will be our end as a couple. Other then that sex is always an issue since he has and I have not (its a religious and moral choice) so that pressure is there, who knows I may break down one day on it but until that day its an issue.

3. raye_raye

raye_raye my bologna has a 1st name

our biggest conflict, is our respect for one another.

I either treat her condencindingly(sp) like a child

or she yells at me and gets aggressive and loses her sensibility

so our biggest problem is our respect but this isnt the end of us, we are working on it and continue to. :D

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

He doesn't share my love of animals. This is good and bad, I suppose, because we have enough space for dozens of them and I'd probably adopt more dogs than I could handle.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Lack of communication, respect, commitment, intimacy, care for each other and the relationship, etc. Can you tell where this relationship is going? :lol:

6. breeza

breeza New Member

i have been with my bf for 5 years and our biggest problem is our sex life im just not that into wel giving head like dont have much urge to do it and thats all he wants 24/7 and that i dont do the work basically at all as i am overweight and it knackers me out afta 5 mins of trying i feel like a huge let down and dont noe how to fix this?

7. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

hmmm, I'd say our biggest issue in our relationship is that my husband likes to press on when we find ourselves in a heated arguement and I like to walk away when I think he's acting like a complete and total twat; therefore he follows me around the house to get a reaction out of me... I honestly think he likes when I'm mean to him!:laugh:

8. gnostica

gnostica Registered Member

When we have a conflict, my husband likes to walk away and cool down, but I prefer to talk it out the whole time and never walk away. It's just a difference in the way we handle conflict though. In the end we always work things out, but for a little while there's unrest while we both try to figure out how to get on the same page without stepping on each other's toes.

That being said, we have very few conflicts, and no big problems really. :) The above is minor at best.

9. JessEpiphany

JessEpiphany Registered Member

When we go out with one of hubby's friends my hubby acts different. He's rude to me and seems to do his best to try to show that he is the man and I'm some sort of submissive/subservient wife. I think it's because while he's at work with this guy he talks crap and acts like that is the way things are so when we go out with this fella, hubby does his best to try to prove it's true.

I have talked to him about it and it is getting better, but I do have to remind him (when we're out with that friend) to stop being a dick.

10. retrobreakdown

retrobreakdown Registered Member

He's not very emotional/affectionate/sharing, all thing's are matter of fact. He's not the type to ask "How was your day?", so conversation is very stilted. Whereas I'm happy-go-lucky, likes to keep things fun and light, and I believe the emotion/affection/sharing factor is quite important to relationship really grow.