• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Biggest Gaming News of 2010!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
What do you think was the biggest gaming news story of 2010?

Not regarding game delays, but NEWS STORIES...

These came to mind for me (feel free to discuss):

- The Infinity Ward exodus
- The 3DS Announcement
- Duke Nukem Forever LIVES (thanks to Gearbox)
- Inafune leaves Capcom (The guy made MEGA MAN for god's sake)
- Battle.Net Real ID

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
For me its a toss up between the Infinity Ward Exodus and the Battle.net Realid.

First of all... I dunno what the hell IW was doing by canning those guys. Obviously its all about Dollar Signs and more news than either party is willing to let loose. But judging by the fact that the CoD series is already in such a Cookie Cutter Format... i strongly doubt that their Absence is going to hurt future installations of Modern Warfare.

The Battle.net thing is just stupid. I dont even know where to begin really. Its just a failed hunk of Psychology that some meathead thought could actually apply to the online world. Unfortunately... Social-Psychology and Virtula-Psychology are two very different practices that simply do not intersect anywhere except the Sign in Page.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
First of all... I dunno what the hell IW was doing by canning those guys. Obviously its all about Dollar Signs and more news than either party is willing to let loose. But judging by the fact that the CoD series is already in such a Cookie Cutter Format... i strongly doubt that their Absence is going to hurt future installations of Modern Warfare.
Activision is the evil empire. They deserved this. I feel better for Zampella and West.