• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

biggest financial splurge

sweet_mayhem

Registered Member
what is so far the biggest financial splurge you made ever? how did it turn out? do you regret having spent that much or do you feel that it's worth it?

mamab

Registered Member
I guess our biggest financial splurge is the pop-up camper we bought this summer. We really didn't have the extra money to spend, but have a couple of reasons for wanting the camper. So, we bit the bullet and got it. At times, I do regret getting it, but I think it'll be okay in the long run.

katharina

Registered Member
what is so far the biggest financial splurge you made ever? how did it turn out? do you regret having spent that much or do you feel that it's worth it?
My only "splurges" over the last few years were things that we had cash for. NO more getting into debt for whims... thank goodness those days are behind us!

Melos

Registered Member
Oh gosh... my biggest financial splurge would be something on the line of a computer game or something like that... but I only buy something if I have money for it right then.
The only thing I can see myself majorly splurging on would be acreage. I intend to buy a house on as much land as I can barely afford.

mamab

Registered Member
Oh, we didn't go into debt to get the camper, we paid cash for it. It just wasn't the wisest use of our money at the time. We've considered selling it, but we go camping with friends and, because of my health, I can't sleep in a sleeping bag anymore. So, it was either buy a camper, or don't go camping anymore. I don't think my husband or kids would have been happy with THAT. ;)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
The biggest financial splurge I have made was for a domain name. I won't say which name, but if you know your way around my websites you have probably seen it before. :)

Melos

Registered Member
Oh mamab - I wouldn't call buying something so that you can continue to camp a splurge... more like a necessity!

And Andrew, if the domain name is necessary for your business, can it really be called a splurge?

taiarain

Registered Member
My house.

I don't regret it, but I hope to eventually be able to pay it off and rebuild it from scratch. I love my house. I don't love the money it takes maintain it.

sweet_mayhem

Registered Member
My house.

I don't regret it, but I hope to eventually be able to pay it off and rebuild it from scratch. I love my house. I don't love the money it takes maintain it.
yeah, that's exactly the main reason why some businessmen consider a house as a liability instead of an asset. i mean it is an asset in banks' perspective, but if you come to think of it, it's a liability in your case since you have to spend for it regularly.