• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Biggest action movie star?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who would you say is the biggest action movie star today? Back in the day we had Van Damme, Stallone, Arnold, Norris, Seagal and a few others. In today's age we don't have that many.

There's two that come to mind, but I have to go with The Rock. I think he plays a great action movie star and most people love to watch him kick some ass. The other person that came to mind who is a close second would be Jason Statham, man that guy has some moves.

What do you think?

dtctvholmes

Modern day definitely has to be Jason Statham. I cannot avoid his movies. I adore them. Anything else in that genre I generally hate, but if Jason's in it, I can't help but watch.
Hmm.
I might have a Statham problem. d:

Wade8813

Registered Member
The Rock's got some stuff, but I wouldn't put him in the top category yet. I'd say Statham. Liam Neeson may be #2.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The Rock is a shit actor but one or two of his movies have been entertaining.

That being said, it's Liam Neeson. No contest. I mean, Taken on its own could win this competition. He's had some other great successes, namely, Star Wars and Batman.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
The Rock is a shit actor but one or two of his movies have been entertaining.

That being said, it's Liam Neeson. No contest. I mean, Taken on its own could win this competition. He's had some other great successes, namely, Star Wars and Batman.
I agree with this. Liam Neeson was fabulous in Taken. And although, some people didn't like it, I thought he was great in Unknown too. The guy basically carried the entire movie.

Also, I can’t believe no one’s mentioned Bruce Willis yet. C’mon, the Die Hard movies weren’t that bad. They obviously weren’t masterpieces but for mindless violence and explosions, they were alright, I guess.

Speaking of The Rock the only movie of his that I really liked was The Rundown. Everything else he's done has pretty much been garbage.

Bliss

Sally Twit
The reason I popped in to this thread is to shout at Bruce Willis' name. I think he is a total badass even now. Also, you think Die Hard was just alright? Excluding the last film, they were all brilliant. Jam packed with action!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally, I love The Rock's movies. Yes, he's not the greatest actor out there, but most of the action stars are not making movies because of their acting. Just look at the guys I mentioned in my OP. All great action stars(in my opinion) but yet, terrible actors. Also, The Rock is coming out with some new action movies that should be great and action packed.

Personally, I've never been a fan of Liam Neeson, never seen Taken, but he was just alright in Batman Begins in my book. Nothing special.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yeah when I first saw the OP I thought of Bruce Willis and was surprised he wasn't mentioned. Guy Pearce is also someone I like except he hasn't been doing tons of movies compared to other actors, in that sense he isn't "big".

wooly

I am the woolrus
Probably Jason Statham. I hate his films, but he's probably the biggest right now. And it's not that i don't like a good old fashioned mindless action film, it's just.... him. He annoys me in pretty much every fi;m i've seen him in, i don't know what it is.

I like Liam Neeson, and he's awesome in the action films that he has done, but i wouldn't really rank him as an 'action' star, i see him as a serious actor. It's only really recently in the twilight of his career that he's become known as an action movie star, and at 60 i can't see him being an action hero for too much longer. He does a good job, but it's really not what defines Liam Neeson for me.

One person who's worth mentioning is Christian Bale! Batman, Terminator, Equilibrium, Reign of Fire... I can see him being in some of the biggest action blockbusters for a while yet.