Big Time Lag

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by icegoat63, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

So it seems that when there are a bunch of people in the Chat room... GF as a whole starts lagging pretty hard.

I was having a little bit of trouble yesterday (5-26) surfing GF as the Lag was annoying as heck, now today (5-27) its pretty unbearable!

Just wondering if there was a kink somewhere in the server.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Personally I haven't gotten a lag, and I am chatting away in the forums.

3. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Yesterday morning I couldn't even get on GF. I figured it was down or something.

Did the chat server run out again? I thought it was meant to be able to cope with a bunch of people in chat without lag.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I've not noticed anything at all. I thought it was being really slow the other day but then I realised I didn't have my laptop battery at full power, and then it was fine. :dunno:

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I keep getting big white stripes across the page which freeze it up, but then they disappear after about 15 seconds.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Chat screwed up the entire server last night. I have contacted Adobe but have yet to hear back.

7. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I was trying to get on the forum yesterday but had a hard time getting to the site. I figured I was banned again. I am glad that I am able to get to the site now.

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

ok so I'm not completely insane then, :hah: I just thought it was weird how GF was working fine and dandy until members started entering the Chat. Thats when I started noticing the lag... then when I looked up and there were 6 some odd people in there thats about when the lag was the worst and I finally just gave up on surfing GF.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

You've all been in chat without me again. It's karma, bitch.

10. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Crap. Does this mean chat is disabled until it's fixed? Should I not enter chat?

Why is it that I always want in when I'm not supposed to go?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.