• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Big Ten: Leaders vs Legends

BigBob

Registered Member
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- When the Big Ten plays its first conference championship game next season, it'll be the Leaders division against the Legends division.

The conference, expanding to 12 teams in all sports and adding divisions and a championship game in football starting next season, on Monday also unveiled a new logo and 18 football awards, each named after two standout Big Ten performers.
I don't really like it. I guess I'm just so use to North Vs South.

Thoughts on the Division names?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I think they are cool. All the trophies will be named after leaders and legends! It makes sense.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think the names as well the logo are terrible. Can't believe they paid money to people to come up with this stuff. And it took this long? I would rather just have it called Division A and Division B.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Soooooo dusty. Are you serious? Did the SEC trademark East/West? Couldn't go North/South either? What about Hayes/Schembechler? Even a play on the Great Lakes?

Legends/Leaders? Big Ten, you are better then that.

(BTW, enough ?'s marks in this post :))

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I would have preferred East and West even if they don't make sense geographically. The other 12 schools wouldn't have liked Woody and Bo divisions. I thought Plains and Great Lakes were the best options.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Plains and Great Lakes wouldn't have worked, since Penn State is in a valley... but regardless, have you seen the new logo? Talk about playing it safe!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Pennsylvania is a Great Lakes state.

But yeah, the logo is extremely boring and ugly.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I mean...I don't know...seriously? I agree with the overall consensus here...terrible names.

I guess I don't have anything meaningful to say besides wow, that's terrible.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
At least the conference title trophy has Paterno in its name!

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
I think the league names are retarded and the logo is shit-hideous. I get why they didn't name the geographically, but Leaders/Legends is just plan stupid. I'm starting to feel a headache coming on just thinking about it.

I will say, however, that I like the awards and trophies they are going to implement. I think that is a cool way to pay homage to the greats of the conference. So at least they did something right.