Big Ten divisions announced

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Major, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

2. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I think it's pretty stupid as well. They are basically decreasing the importance of the league's most important game solely because they hope a Big Ten championship game between OSU and Michigan would happen and make up for it. This is a huge gamble and unless they know something we don't, it seems like it's a losing one.

3. Major

Well they also tried to balance the divisions in terms of strength. But I'd rather them do it geographically. The balance of power will always be shifting.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Well if that isn't a big load of bullshit I don't know what is. I don't like that they're splitting up a classic rivalry.

How often will they get to play each other?

5. Major

I'm sure they'll still play every year, but it's going to be earlier in the season. They will sometimes play twice a year if they meet up again in the Big Ten Championship game. I don't think this is good for the rivalry at all.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Never understood what the problem was with Michigan and Ohio State in the same division. Are they going to plan annually? I would think that was one of the games you would want to keep on the schedule, much more so than say Ohio State-Illinois.

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Geographically would have made the most sense...that's how it was in the Big 12...they had the North and the South. The South was superior but it still made the most sense to do it that way.

Puzzling decision to say the least.

8. Zappa

Zappa Registered Member

It makes sense in terms of power balance in both conferences. Mich-OSU will still happen every year and will still be a great rivalry.

9. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

There's no guarantee that'll happen though. Most likely, yeah, it will.. but there's no guarantee it will, which is bull shit.

I think it's fucked up, but they just want to see that type of game as the Big 10 Championship Game IMO.

10. Major

Well apparently OSU/Mich will still be the last game of the regular season, which is good, but also retarded because if they meet in the BTCG they'll be playing twice in two weeks.