• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Big Kids

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Are you a big kid? A person who is childish in ways. Perhaps you are only childish when in a certain mood, or perhaps you are childish in general.

I find myself like this to quite a large extent. A few things that stick out in making me assume I am childish, or a 'big kid' as the saying goes, are as follows:

I will actively read kids books (like the Mr Men series, which is brilliant and very funny) and I also occasionally find myself pre-occupied with children's television, often to my embarrassment. Although some kids shows are cool.

When my little nephew pops round (aged 3 or 4) with his little kid toys, I cannot but help mess about with the damned things. He's got some pretty cool gadgets. He's got a hammer thing that lights up, he's got loads of cars and a garage thing, and a plastic thing that's got like a marble run on it, although these are like super sized marbles (probably so he can't eat them).
He's got a Slinky dog (like out of Toy Story) that you can walk (or drag) around. He's got a load of other things that are properly weird, just random collections of plastic that are supposed to represent some sort of thing, but half the time I can't actually tell what it's meant to be. Hell, when I go to my sister's I'm even tempted to have a bit of a go on his slide that's in the garden.

When we go to the park too, it's the same. Where my sister will sit down on the bench and just watch them all run about and shit. I'll make up my own agenda, and go on the bloody see-saw... I probably don't even notice the ridiculousness of my playful antics. I'm doing this stuff of my own choice. After a bit I'll generally snap away and think 'It's cigarette time' or something. But when on the swings I'm in my own little world.

I suppose I shouldn't be too bothered. As to be honest, it can be a 'laugh' as silly it is and childish it is to do this sort of crap at the age of 23. Yet, I guess I'm just childish. It's probably something you shouldn't knock until you've tried it.

Maybe this is less to do with being childish and having a generally curious personality and also the fact I'm pretty fidgety too. Nonetheless, I do find myself attracted to childish activity. I like pranks and doing them, I often find myself being generally mischievous, and in all it all boils down - as far as I can tell - to being a big kid.

What's your thoughts on childish antics from an adult?
Are you a big kid?
And if you are a big kid, please elaborate on things you do that are childish.

Hope's someone else is childish, or else I'm gonna look pretty mad after admitting that shit... :S

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I obviously didn't read your whole post but at least I got your idea.
I play around with kids and toys and I have no problem with that. I also act like a child when I'm around grown ups. It's just me being spoiled.
I have no problem with that and I don't care if anyone calls me a child as long as I do my fun without hurting anyone.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm definitely still a kid at times. I still enjoy playing video games, and sometimes I wish I could still play with Legos. I'm a kid around my parents sometimes too. I tend to complain a lot to them.

Recently I said to my three year old nephew, "You're a big kid like me now!" And his reply was, "You're not a big kid, you're a grown up!" It made me sad.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'm still a big kid, it's just that my choice of toys have evolved. I play a lot of video games, and I play with action figures with my nephew.

When I was a kid, I absolutely loved playing with barbie dolls. It was definitely my favorite toy. Now playing with barbies has evolved into a digital type barbie thing thanks to The Sims.

I would say that my entertainment choices are mostly childish, but that I still act adult when taking care of myself or paying bills.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Sadly, I don't think I am a big kid anymore. We don't even have any young kids in our close family, so there is no child dynamic at family functions. I think I am far too serious about everything and stressed out about the small stuff. I wish I could be more like a kid.

BigBob

Registered Member
I think I'm definitley a big kid still. Whenever I come home from work from the first half of my shift, I turn on some cartoons and lay on the couch until I have to go back. I'm also one of those guys that just like to make jokes and joke about everything whenever I'm out or at work because I love to bring a smile to peoples faces.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'm still only 19, so my grandparents call me a kid still... which I don't mind.

I still watch animated TV shows. That is pretty much it.

Dabs

Registered Member
I only act like a child when I am at amusement parks or things to that nature.
I don't act all giddy over birthday parties or any type of video games.
On rare occasions I might get my granddaughter's Nintendo DS's and play a game of Scrabble or something, but that's about it.
I don't go outside and play in the snow when it snows.
I'm not a big kid at all, I'm a grown woman....and try to act like one.
I also have a great amount of stress in my life, too much for a child to try and deal with.

BigBob

Registered Member
I only act like a child when I am at amusement parks or things to that nature.
I don't act all giddy over birthday parties or any type of video games.
On rare occasions I might get my granddaughter's Nintendo DS's and play a game of Scrabble or something, but that's about it.
I don't go outside and play in the snow when it snows.
I'm not a big kid at all, I'm a grown woman....and try to act like one.
I also have a great amount of stress in my life, too much for a child to try and deal with.
Why do you act like you're the only one that has stress? You tend to point it out in every one of your posts. Everyone has stress, everyone has problems but everyone deals with them differently.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'm definitely a big kid at the best of times. I still love to watch cartoons I watched as a kid. I just recently ordered Volumes 1-6 of Tom and Jerry.
I love playing games. My sister even got me Dreamphone for Christmas and I made everyone play it with me lol.
I still get excited at Christmas and love to watch everyone open their presents. I also make sure everyone is in the room at the same time and everyone has a present in their hand to open together.
I act silly with my boyfriend a lot. When he's upset or in a bad mood I'll take this penguin toy I got him and make it talk to him.
Also when my hamster was alive we'd both pretend he could talk by saying things in a silly voice.
Nothing wrong with being a kid sometimes!