Big Ben in a motorcycle accident

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured in a motorcycle crash and taken to a hospital.

"He was alert and conscious," said Ernie Roman, shift commander for the Allegheny County emergency service.

Steelers Dave Lockett, outside Mercy Hospital, confirmed the accident but did not provide additional details.

The 24-year-old Roethlisberger has said in the past that he prefers not to wear a helmet when riding his motorcycle.

Calls to Roethlisberger's agent, Leigh Steinberg, were not immediately returned. In only his second year in the NFL, Roethlisberger helped guide the Steelers to the Super Bowl championship last season.

courtesy of nfl.com

F

Forbidden

Well I didn't really see this topic before so I'll just offer my opinions about it late. Yes, of course it was dumb of him to go out without a helmet on taking those kind of risks before football season. Hopefully this won't affect his career though as a player because he is a good young QB and we need to get to the super bowl again :)

R

R.Lewis_52

Dumb ass should have worn a helmet if he wasn't rich his face would be fucked up for a long time if not ever.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
This makes me think of seatbelt laws. I think that people who choose not to wear saftey gear (helmets, seatbelts, etc.) should get no aid from insurance whatsoever. They decided they wanted to be stupid and risk their lives and they failed. Tough shit. These morons that whine about helmets, "Don't you want to ride free?" Yes and I will when I get a bike and a helmet. Are people really that dumb that they think a helmet is restrictive?