• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Big Bang Theory Seems Impossible

Hi_Im_Tim

I am Heavy Weapons Guy
Correct me if I am wrong, but the big bang theory goes something like this:

About 20 billion years ago, all of the matter in the universe was concentrated into an extremely dense area that may have been smaller than the period at the end of this sentence. The dot was the mass of the present universe. Everything inside of the dot was spinning at a rapid pace which kept accelerating until the dot finally exploded. The pieces of this dot flew off and became the present universe.

Now according to conservation of angular momentum, if everything inside this dot was spinning, then it should all still be spinning the same way. However Venus and Uranus are spinning backwards, and also some moons spin backwards and travel backwards. This would make the big bang theory impossible.

(if you don't know what the law of Conservation of Angular Momentum is, it states that if a spinning object breaks apart in a fritcionless environment, then all of the pieces that break off of it will be spinning in the same direction.)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm sure rotation can be changed by collisions or the gravitational pull of something like the sun.

dDave

V.I.P.
Actually the ball was smaller than an atom and it was called the Primeval Fireball, it was so hot that matter actually couldn't exist, I certainly do not believe in this theory, the whole thing is based on bad science, they came up with the conclusion (being the big bang) and then they went out to find evidence to support it, you are supposed to go and find facts and then draw conclusions from that. I don't understand why we aren't drifting away from our own sun instead of drifting away like EVERYTHING else in the entire universe is. And what are the odds that life would be made suitable for us on this planet in a huge explosion? And where did this explosion occur?

And why does it matter?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't understand why we aren't drifting away from our own sun instead of drifting away like EVERYTHING else in the entire universe is
Actually, we do move away from the sun slightly, but nothing to make any kind of difference.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
But nobody has any clue about my question? (above) I'm not looking to start a huge debate, I'm honestly just curious what people have to say about that.

Matter cannot be created from absolutely nothing, according to science, so, if the big bang theory were to be true, the matter DOES in fact start as something, somewhere, somehow.

How did it get there, was it always just sitting there waiting to explode, and what caused it to sit for so long and then suddenly explode/expand rapidly?

dDave

V.I.P.
And where did the original atom or whatever come from? Food for thought.
That's is one of the problems with the theory, where did this unimaginably dense primeval fireball come from? I have never heard a good explanation of this. I read something once where scientists were able to calculate the exact size of the universe when the big bang happened, including everything that happened only thousandths of a second into it. (that's not possible)

Teorropy

My problem is I can't believe that the big bang theory happened. It goes against my faith in God and the Creation theory. I am always interested in other theories and will never put down anyone elses theory. We all have the right to have our opinion heard as long as it is not putting down anyone else.

But that question is a very interesting one there, Andrew. I will have to give it some thought.