• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bid to Skype a celebrity!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anyone always wanted to talk to someone famous? Well, for a price, now you can, at least if they are on this list of celebrities up for bid on eBay.

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=skype-a-celeb

The winning bidder for each auction gets a 10 minute phone (skype) conversation with the celebrity.

Some are up to $2,000.. for 10 minutes!

Julie

Registered Member
Well if my lottery tickets hit ALL winning numbers tonite I might be able to afford something like that! :lol:

leopard22

Registered Member
I wonder if you actually would be talking to the celeb or just one of their flunkies.

BTW, I just got my first Skype invite today ... from someone I have no recollection of knowing. Not another form of phishing!!! Please, tell me it isn't so :sick:

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
lol well that certainly is a possibility. I have skype and have never had that happen yet. but it would not surprise me

leopard22

Registered Member
Yeah, I can't figure out why anyone would phish a Skype invite. Of course I remember getting a lot of Gmail invites that were fake too when it first came out.

I finally checked out the site for the Skype a Celeb and see that the money goes for a good cause, so I guess you probably do get to talk to the actual person or else the charity would be in big trouble. Still, $2000!