• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bid Now To Get In My Pants!

Teorropy

I am sorry it got killed, I do hope your other one will good just as good or better this time.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
Msbabedoll said:
WOW, I never really thought about that! Well I believe that I have it right this time! I figure since I have had so many pulled that they are maybe watching me........

I tell ya they are about to loose a good customer......I have done alot of business on ebay, but I am thinking this is getting ridiculous!
well if it is truly the case then I think some poeple need to get a life! I mean I find it really odd that some poeple just have nothing better to do than sit around and look for auctions that they can have shut down. but at the same time I wonder why ebay is being so picky about things.

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
MJonesMBA2001 said:
It really sucks how some auctions get shut down, while there are some other blatant violators that are still up. I also wonder if there are some people with nothing better to do than to browse the "Everything Else" category and try to shut down other people's auctions.

There was one that stayed up for the duration that had the same general purpose as yours, and it made it.

I don't get it.

I am going to try one again to raise money for our adoption, do you think it would work if I did like you, talked about the adoption in the "about me", and subtitled the auction "bid now to help a family fly to China". That way, it isn't construed as charity.

You never know with ebay though.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.
I would not put the word "help my family" in there anywhere, the word help seems to be the key wrong word there. If I am understanding right. You might say something like,

Read more about why I am doing this Auction on my "about me" page. But then I would not put it past them to change the rules and say we can't even talk about it in our about me pages!! I think we might just have to print out the TONS of rules and read them all!

I think Ebay should fix it to where there are trigger words that aren't allowed that will keep you from posting your auction if its in violation. They make enough money to hire someone to do that!

MJonesMBA2001

Registered Member
Msbabedoll said:
I would not put the word "help my family" in there anywhere, the word help seems to be the key wrong word there. If I am understanding right. You might say something like,

Read more about why I am doing this Auction on my "about me" page. But then I would not put it past them to change the rules and say we can't even talk about it in our about me pages!! I think we might just have to print out the TONS of rules and read them all!

I think Ebay should fix it to where there are trigger words that aren't allowed that will keep you from posting your auction if its in violation. They make enough money to hire someone to do that!
Yeah!! Somebody from ebay called me at work today, something about a storefront something or other.

Good point about the "help" part.
Maybe I could subtitle it
"Bid to send my family to China"

Would that be less "charity" sounding??

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Possibly, I am beginning to think that you just have to risk it and see if they are feeling the itch to pull auctions or not! They have went nuts on pulling peoples auctions lately. Someone said in another thread that maybe they should tell you what the problem is and give you so long to fix it before pulling it. It just doesn't seem fair to go half way or 3/4 way through your auction, have bidders and then it get pulled.

GOod luck on your auction I hope it does well and makes it to the end!!

Hello all!! Makes me sick that my first auction was getting TONS of hits and Ebay pulls it and now the second time around it's only half the hits the first one had........Well 246 hits and 2 days and 22 hours left for me to figure out how to drive the traffic to the site!

Last edited: