• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bid Now To Get In My Pants!

MJonesMBA2001

Registered Member
I just can't believe a creative auction like this one isn't doing as well as some of the lame ones I've seen.

Good luck!

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Thanks! I have been trying to figure out how to get more traffic to my auciton. Guess I'll go post some in the forums..........not sure if this helps but its worth a try!

I did go to another forum and as usual did read the "DONT SELF PROMOTE" rule and put my auction on there and went back later to check and was called a moron for not reading the rules.......hmmm maybe I deserved that. I appologized (I was nice!) and told them to take it off. I have not been back!

Soooooo here we are!

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
momtobrenna said:
Why did they kill it? I was hoping it would do well.
They said it violated the Charity Auction rule and this is what they said violated it:

Your listing description states:
"I am Auctioning off a pair of my favorite jeans, in order to make money to pay off my late husbands debt. Which you may read all about my husbands murder on my About Me page

SO I have relisted it AGAIN and not put any wording in there about my debt or my husbands murder, just for them to read on my about me page more about the Auction.....so here is the new link.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5577050614&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

I was hoping it would do well to, I was almost to the 400 hits mark! So now we start all over again! If they pull it this time I am gonig to swear they are targeting me!

wolvergambit

Registered Member
From what I know, it is not Ebay targeting you, but someone else. Someone has to file a complaint to Ebay first and then they investigate the item # concerned.
Could be a lurker even in here sabotaging the auctions.
Do I sound paranoid?

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I'm sorry to hear about that babedoll, it certainly does seem like you are being picked on : ( and wolve has an excellent point!! pershaps it is someone who is just lurking trying to ruin everyone's auctions by getting them pulled. : (

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Bunny_roses said:
I'm sorry to hear about that babedoll, it certainly does seem like you are being picked on : ( and wolve has an excellent point!! pershaps it is someone who is just lurking trying to ruin everyone's auctions by getting them pulled. : (

WOW, I never really thought about that! Well I believe that I have it right this time! I figure since I have had so many pulled that they are maybe watching me........

I tell ya they are about to loose a good customer......I have done alot of business on ebay, but I am thinking this is getting ridiculous!

MJonesMBA2001

Registered Member
It really sucks how some auctions get shut down, while there are some other blatant violators that are still up. I also wonder if there are some people with nothing better to do than to browse the "Everything Else" category and try to shut down other people's auctions.

There was one that stayed up for the duration that had the same general purpose as yours, and it made it.

I don't get it.

I am going to try one again to raise money for our adoption, do you think it would work if I did like you, talked about the adoption in the "about me", and subtitled the auction "bid now to help a family fly to China". That way, it isn't construed as charity.

You never know with ebay though.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.