PC Games Bf2142, Medievil 2 total war,Online not working?

Hi. Im new here so here it goes. I have recently been playing these 2 games online. They have always worked and were always great connections until today. Bf2142 says that the Ea Master server cannot connect, which really makes me mad :mad:. and Medievil 2 total war says failed to logon. Which is funny because yesterday it said during a battle connection lost to gamespy, or something like that....Anyone else have the same problem?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I get that error sometimes with BF2142. It's most likely due to an error on their end. The other thing it could be is a slower than normal internet connection on your side. You might want to see if there is anything causing any slowdown.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Leave everything on, and unplug the power from both your modem and your router. It resets the connection, and your router finds a new connection. It happens to me once and a while, and this actually fixes all of my connection problems.

You also might want to try and find out when any outages occur for those game servers. I'm pretty sure BF2142 has one each week on a Tuesday night or something. It allows the developers to maintain and administer their own online servers as well as assist third party servers.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. I just purchased VISTA, and I too was having problems losing connection in BF2142 due to GAMESPY. If you are using VISTA, make sure that you right click on the application and select 'run as administrator' (even if your account is an administrator account). This should give the game all the necessary rights to play online.

Hope that helps mate

Tiny

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wonder if Vista was part of your problem? I heard there are several games having trouble being 100% compatible with it.