Bettman declares octopus swinging illegal

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
In his never-ending quest to suck every last ounce of fun and tradition out of the leauge, Gary Bettman has decided that Red Wings' Zamboni driver Al Sabotka is no longer allowed to swing the octopi that have been thrown on the ice over his head. Because of all the "matter" that will fly onto the ice.

:rolleyes:

nevermind all the blood that flies onto the ice during fights. of course he'll get rid of that soon enough too.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is so stupid, I always loved when the guy threw the Octupus, it's just tradition and everyone loves it. They get a huge reaction from the fans when that guy swings that octupus of his.

I cant believe that Bettman would do this, it's so typical of him.

The funniest moment of the octupus this year was when Tottoo picked it up and threw it in the bench area.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't even care about hockey anymore, but it pisses me off when they get rid of traditions like this.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
can anybody even tell me what the octopus symbolizes? i thought i heard it had to do with the legs representing the original teams but i thought octopuses had 8 legs and i thought there were 6 original teams. sorry to get off topic...

Bettman is a tool. There we go!

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
seriously, man. I said that to my cousin the other night - let's take up a collection and put a hit on that fucker.

I say the team should just pay the $10k and let Al swing the fuckin octopus.