• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

XBOX Original Better Halo?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Which Halo was better, 1 or 2?

I liked Halo 2 more for a while, but I've decided Halo 1 is the better game. Halo 1's campaign is better, by far. Multiplayer is pretty close. Halo 2 has a lot more options, but I think the weapons are better in Halo 1 and it has a lot more quality maps. The maps in Halo 2 really blow. Then there's the whole auto-aim problem in Halo 2. My vote goes to Halo 1.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Halo 1 Multiplayer was better over a LAN, but Halo 2 obviously is better online. I'm not a big fan of H2 though due to a lot of uneeded changes that were made.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
There's still a ton of lag over Xbox Live. The host always has a huge advantage. Kinda ruins the game a little. Halo 1 just requires way more skill. People don't seem to realize this when they're talking trash in Halo 2 on Live.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I dislike anyone who talks trash over Live, to tell the truth. I picked Halo 2, mostly because it's the one I find myself playing the most. I still liked the Halo weapons and single-player better, but Halo 2 is just more widely played.

nman77

Registered Member
I picked Halo 1 because it had more of an effect on em when it came out. I thought it was nuts and couldn't stop playing and spent many days with multiplayer, but Halo 2 doesn't have even close to the same effect.

Albey

Registered Member
I like Halo I more, but i picked halo II cause of the online play. I'd much rather play online than any campaign mode.. I like playing with people not fake npc's.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't think the online play thing should be a factor. Let's just assume you could play Halo 1 on Xbox Live. Which game would you prefer?

Albey

Registered Member
Still halo II. cause i just like it better. dual weapons. and many other factors.. I used to like Halo I better but that was all i played untill i got HaloII then i switched.

dk_rare

Registered Member
The graphics in Halo 2 are awesome and multiplayer is inspired (at least in ambition), but I liked number 1 better.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I like Halo 2 better, because I was able to do better than I did in Halo I. Dual Weapons is great, plus the extra weapons that they added was a real bonus.