XBOX Original Better Halo?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Major, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Which Halo was better, 1 or 2?

I liked Halo 2 more for a while, but I've decided Halo 1 is the better game. Halo 1's campaign is better, by far. Multiplayer is pretty close. Halo 2 has a lot more options, but I think the weapons are better in Halo 1 and it has a lot more quality maps. The maps in Halo 2 really blow. Then there's the whole auto-aim problem in Halo 2. My vote goes to Halo 1.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Halo 1 Multiplayer was better over a LAN, but Halo 2 obviously is better online. I'm not a big fan of H2 though due to a lot of uneeded changes that were made.

3. Major

There's still a ton of lag over Xbox Live. The host always has a huge advantage. Kinda ruins the game a little. Halo 1 just requires way more skill. People don't seem to realize this when they're talking trash in Halo 2 on Live.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I dislike anyone who talks trash over Live, to tell the truth. I picked Halo 2, mostly because it's the one I find myself playing the most. I still liked the Halo weapons and single-player better, but Halo 2 is just more widely played.

5. nman77

nman77 Registered Member

I picked Halo 1 because it had more of an effect on em when it came out. I thought it was nuts and couldn't stop playing and spent many days with multiplayer, but Halo 2 doesn't have even close to the same effect.

6. Albey

Albey Registered Member

I like Halo I more, but i picked halo II cause of the online play. I'd much rather play online than any campaign mode.. I like playing with people not fake npc's.

7. Major

I don't think the online play thing should be a factor. Let's just assume you could play Halo 1 on Xbox Live. Which game would you prefer?

8. Albey

Albey Registered Member

Still halo II. cause i just like it better. dual weapons. and many other factors.. I used to like Halo I better but that was all i played untill i got HaloII then i switched.

9. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

The graphics in Halo 2 are awesome and multiplayer is inspired (at least in ambition), but I liked number 1 better.

10. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

I like Halo 2 better, because I was able to do better than I did in Halo I. Dual Weapons is great, plus the extra weapons that they added was a real bonus.