Better Band: Led Zeppelin or Beatles

Discussion in 'Music' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 22, 2008.

?

Better Band: Led Zeppelin or Beatles

1. Led Zeppelin

45.5%
  2. Beatles

54.5%
  1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I've had some good success with these polls, so I decided to start a new one. Which band do you believe is better between the two?

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm more of a metal fan but I'll take the Beatles over any band ever put together.

Period.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I prefer Led Zeppelin. Just personal preference. I can see why a lot of people would consider the Beatles one of the best bands ever though.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's very hard for me to choose between these two bands because there both amazing and talented. But I have to go with the Beatles, what they've done in so little time is simply outstanding. I also prefer more songs from the Beatles then Led Zeppelin.

5. Sim

Sim Registered Member

I think comparing the two is a bit like comparing apples and oranges. The fathers of pop compared to the fathers of blues rock ... both made outstanding achievements and no modern band is thinkable without the influence of both.

But if I really have to chose, I'd say the Beatles were a tad more innovative.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Zeppelin.

Although I do enjoy some of the songs that the Beatles put together, I just never got into that era of rock that they ruled. To me they are to whiney, I feel that their musical talents when put up against other artists is lacking.

But I will say that The Beatles did in fact have some good songs. Funny thing is I'd much rather hear someone else Covering their songs though. For instance I love the Soundtrack to "Across the Universe" and can listen to the songs over and over and enjoy 'em. But hearing the same songs performed by the beatles and I wanna gauge my eyes out with blunt pencils.

Zeppelin wins by sheer replay-ability. I enjoy the music and can listen to it more than once and still enjoy it. Not so with the Beatles.

7. Zachary

Zachary ,,l,, //_- ,,l,,

zepplen the beetles are a tad too happy for my tastes

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Without hesitation, BEATLES!

They're so not "too happy" unless you're only exposed to the period when they had mop-top haircuts.

9. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I think I can name a few songs from the Beatles that I like. I can name you entire albums from Zeppelin that I like and can listen to over and over.

Hands down, Led Zeppelin.

10. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

beatles would have been a better match up for the rolling stones.
    like sim said its apples and oranges man, so i can't vote this time.