Best Young Player

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Unstoppable, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Unstoppable

Unstoppable Registered Member

Who are the top 5 best young players in the game today...by young i mean this is going to be their rookie year or their sophomore year, i mean guys who have little experience in big league ball

my five in no particular order are

- Evan Longoria
    - Justin Upton
    - David Price
    - Jacoby Ellsbury
    - Matt Wieters

other opinions?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Evan Longoria
    David Price
    Travis Snyder
    Edison Volquez
    Geovanni Soto

3. Unstoppable

Unstoppable Registered Member

interesting i forgot about volquez and i'll agree with u about Soto over Wieters as we know Soto is great but Wieters hasn't proven anything, although i believe that when all is said and done Wieters will have a better career, as for Ellsbury on my list that could be just a personal bias but i do believe he's going to be something special, he's one of the fastest guys in MLB and he can also hit for power, plus he's an exceptional fielder, power, speed, fielding ability, he's got all the tools to succeed and he's only in his early 20's

4. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Overall it's Evan Longoria and Hanley Ramirez, locally it's Joba Chamberlain and David Wright. In addition I still think Alex Gordon has the goods but he really needs to rebound this year, same applies to Colby Rasmus, and I'm going to keep an eye on Matt Wieters this year who should be a lock to start for Baltimore.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Glad to see you mention Rasmus there Ryuk...hopefully he pans out.

I immediately thought of the name Longoria when I read this thread. The dude is the real deal.

6. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Registered Member

No doubt, the best young player is Evan Longoria. The guy is a vacuum cleaner at third base, and oh can he hit!