Best WWE General Manager, 2008

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Dec 23, 2008.

?

Who was the best GM in 2008?

Poll closed Dec 28, 2008.
  1. William Regal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mike Adamle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Teddy Long

50.0%
  4. Armando Estrada

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Vicki Guerrero

50.0%
  1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

So who was the best general manager in 2008? The choices are:

William Regal, RAW brand

---Regal was appointed GM when he won a battle royal but ended up getting "fired" from the job when he tested positive for a banned substance. His big moments were shutting off the lights and turning off the show when things didnt go his way. He was replaced by the next choice...

Mike Adamle, RAW brand

---Adamle was hired by the McMahon's to take over RAW once Regal was fired and chaos was rampant. There were many "Adamle originals" and other attempted innovations by the former American Gladiators "star." He was often made fun of for not knowing much and being, well, a moron, but he tried his best and was later fired.

Teddy Long, ECW brand

---Former Smackdown GM, Teddy Long took over for Armando Estrada when the WWE decided to try him as a wrestler instead of GM. Long used his experience at GM'ing to make up a talent initiative where he brought in young stars to ECW. Guys like Swagger, Spears, Ortiz, and whomever else I'm forgetting. Best dressed GM for sure.

Armando Estrada, ECW brand

---Former manager for Umaga, Estrada disappeared for a while and was then brought back to GM the ECW brand. He's most famous to putting Colin Delaney into unwinnable matchups and screwing with the kid and finally losing to Delaney in which Colin received an ECW contract.

Vicki Guerrero, Smackdown brand

---Currently the longest tenured General Manager is Vicki Guerrero. She's been feuding with Undertaker for most of 2008, got Big Show to join her side and got married to WWE Superstar Edge. She easily has the most heat out of any current GM and her catchphrase, "excuse me" receives ridiculous amounts of heat. She is still going strong on Smackdown.

So who's it gonna be?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Do I really have to vote for one, I believe there are all awful. I personally don't like any of the choices. But if I have to vote for one I have to go with Teddy Long, he was entertaining, he made good matches, he was funny and it showed he had a great time doing his job.

3. Millz

Again, everyone vote...come on now.

I picked Guerrero. SHe's the most over with the crowd and gets ridiculous heat. She has the best storyline and has lasted the longest.

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I don't really care much for any of them, either. Forced to pick, though, I'm going with Vickie. I like how she's improving week by week and the heat she gets is amazing. I LOL each time I hear the people boo her. Great!

5. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I'm with BR on this one, all absolutely awful but i'm gonna go with Teddy. Cus i like him!

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Come on Vicky, I think she was the worst of them all, she was annoying and her gimmick with Edge is terrible. But I have to say that she's a good heel, because she sure knows how to get fans to boo her.

7. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

That was the problem for me, i know that Vicki is fantastic as a heel, she gets a great reaction from the crowd, but personally i just find her too annoying. I'd rather her not be there.

Who was the last good GM? Eric Bischoff? I mean, that finished up in 2005. It's something WWE really needs to work on as it's pretty important to the show. I like Stephanie generally, but i'd like to see her get more involved with the show. I think she's definately someone who can get a reaction from the crowd.

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

When Vickie first started to be GM, I felt bad since she was married to Eddie and, well, y'know, he passed away. After some time I became annoyed with her and wanted somebody new. Now, however, I'm liking her more and more each week. I'd like it if she get away from Edge, though, and be on her own. I always dislike when a female gets in power in the WWE she ALWAYS has a man by her side. Ugh. =P

9. Millz

Vickie has the good heel heat...not the get off my television because you're terrible at your job heat. She's just awesome at her job and her job is too annoying as hell...that's what makes her easily the best...maybe one of the best GM's of all time.

10. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

went with guerrero as well......kind of shocked she lasted this long but shes doing a great job.