Best WRESTLER of all time?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, May 27, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright guys and gals, I was wondering who you thought was the best WRESTLER of all time. Now don't get mistaken with favorite wrestler of all time here. I want to know who you think was the best wrestler when it came to stepping into the ring. Don't take anything else into consideration. If he's good on the microphone it doesn't mean anything in this thread. Please don't be bias, don't pick someone because he's your favorite wrestler. For a few examples, Batista, Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior don't deserve to be mentioned. They were great entertainers but there not great wrestlers that's for sure.

For me it has to be Bret Hart, the guy could anything in that ring, he could wrestle against anyone, it didn't matter if the other wrestler was good or not, he would still carry the match everytime. He made sure to put on a show when he stepped into that ring. I've never seen him make a mistake when he was wrestling, he wrestled every match like it was is last match of his career. He had speed, power, agility, atheletism. He just had the full package and personally there's Bret Hart on the top, then you have everyone else, no questions ask.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

The real answer here is Bret the Hitman Hart. The only other argument I'll listen to is Kurt Angle. Anybody got anybody else they wish to argue in favor of?

3. Babe_Ruth

We have the same opinion on this subject my friend, I rank Kurt Angle number two after Bret Hart. Like I've mentioned so many times, my dream match up of all time would be to see Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle, both in there primes. That would be the best match of all time.

But I have to agree with KD, if someone says that Bret Hart isn't the best, you better have a good explanation because i'd be dying to hear it.

4. Millz

Exactly. I don't want give a short answer but I think you said it best about Bret. I do think he's the best ever as a pure wrestling perfomer and I'll be interested to hear if anyone disagrees with it.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The Undertaker.

It's not just bias, the dude has everything. In-ring ability, mic skills, and arguably the greatest presence in the history of the ring. He's synonymous with the WWE and he's easily one of the most well-rounded ass kickers you will find. He can put down some big hurt but he's still agile enough to fly around the ring.

The Undertaker is the shit, the total package, a legend.

6. Babe_Ruth

The Undertaker is a good selection, he's very talented in the ring for a wrestler is size. I would rank him in the top 8 of all time for sure. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so I respect your choice, but I still think Bret Hart is the best in ring wrestler.

But nice selection none the less.

7. Millz

I figured Constantine would say Undertaker so needless to say I was prepared to agree and disagree at the same time.

The stuff that man can do for a man at his size is remarkable. If you get past the gimmick (even though its awesome) and look at the matches you'll see a great talent. He's the greatest big man wrestler in history IMO. Would I still say Bret Hart was a better wrestler? Yes I would. But that takes nothing away from the fact Undertaker was awesome and still is awesome.

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit or Eddie Guerrero. If only one, then I choose Kurt Angle. I love watching him wrestle. Probably the only wrestler to actually use wrestling moves. Plus, he has a gold medal. =P

9. padd

padd Registered Member

Bret Hart, He had very good technical skills, he could move in the ring, he put on very good shows. I saw some of his stuff on videos, classic fights such as when he beat the Undertaker @ Summer Slam, or Stone Cold @ WM 13. This guy just had a passion to wrestle, not many wrestlers have that. And by the end of the day he if you were to write a paper on wrestling attributes; Athletics, Charisma, Risk taker. He was the ultimate wrestler and entertainer. Looks like that wrestling school paid off. All due respect to the Undertaker, Stone Cold.. even Ric Flair, to name a few. But the Canadian boy beats you. That's something Canadians should take pride in.

10. Babe_Ruth

Not a lot of people will believe me on this one, because they haven't seen a lot of him. But I believe Andre The Giant is the greatest big man to ever wrestle. You might disagree with me on this one, but you have to take into consideration that you mostly saw him at the tail end of his career, where he was slow, always out of breath and could barely move in the ring. But if you saw him during his prime then some of you might agree with me. What he did in that ring for his size was incredible. He was quick, he could do a lot of different moves in the ring, and he had the power as well.