Best Wrestler of all time Stage 3 Round 2

Best Wrestler of all time Stage 3 Round 2

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This one is going to be the toughest one yet in my opinion. So make sure you think twice before making a decision.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
This one was the hardest yet...I'll explain my selections/what went through my head while voting...

Edge over the Rock. Really this one was pretty easy for me. Edge has won more championships in the WWE then anybody else in history. He's a former 5 time Heavyweight Champion, 5 time Intercontinental Champion, 1 time United States Champion, a record 12 time Tag Team Champion, he won the King of the Ring in 2001 and he won Money in the Bank on two occasions. He's a triple crown champion. With those titles he's also one of the best performers on the mic in the business and he's an excellent wrestler whether he's brawling or fighting a technical match. He is as good as it gets right now in this sport. I'm not taking anything away from the Rock but Edge has been wrestling longer and seems more dedicated then Rock was. Rocky is a 9 time former Heavyweight Champ himself and has won the IC title and Tag Titles on more then one occasion but overall I'll take Edge on this one. The Rock has the most charisma of all time but Edge being so close on that aspect helps put him over the top. Whew.

Steve Austin over Shawn Michaels...took about 5 seconds for me to pick this one...surprising to some I'm sure. I credit Steve Austin with the demise of World Championship Wrestling and he was the vocal point at the industry's greatest success, profit and ratings of all time...he saved the WWF from WCW and put them back up front and they haven't looked back since. Not to mention he's a great wrestler...seriously, watch his matches. He's one of the best brawlers of all time but it was much more then that. He's right behind Rock on the mic as the best of all time IMO. He was more over then ANYBODY IMO...that includes HHH, Rock and Hogan in his prime. I mean hell what HBK has done cannot be disputed. He's one of the greatest athletes I've ever seen but overall Austin did more for the buisness and in the ring he was outstanding. Austin and Michaels have won countless championships, headlined Wrestlemanias and won Royal Rumbes but as a whole I'll give the nod to Austin here.

Ric Flair over Kurt Angle...damn that one took a while. I really stopped to think about it to make sure I was happy with my decision...I think I am. ANgle is the best in ring performer in a classic wrestling sense that I've ever seen...moreso then Bret Hart. Flair's in ring skills cannot be overlooked and his 16 recognized world title reigns cannot either.

I'm gonna post this and finish up in a second...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This was the tougest one, like I mentioned in the opening thread.

I believe Edge is one of the best wrestlers of all time, I voted for him over The Rock because of that he's a better overall wrestler in my opinion. The Rock is better on the microphone though. If The Rock was still in the business today, he would get my vote.

Austin defenitely gets my vote as well, he's arguably the most popular wrestler of all time, he was also a great wrestler in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, what HBK did for this business is outstanding, but Stone Cold gets the edge on this one.

Angle vursus Flair was hard as well because Flair did so much during his career, and he was there for so long compared to Kurt Angle, but in my opinion Angle was outstanding in the ring, during the short time he was there for was more impressive then the long time that Flair was there for.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well said BR...

Getting back to why I picked Flair. I think Flair is one of the greatest showmen of all time. The way he carried himself, his promos, and his actions were as entertaining as anybody in history. He was a very good technical wrestler and he always put on a realistic show for the fans. He broke his back in a plane crash in the late 1970s and wrestled in 2008...that's unbelievable. He has more staying power then Angle right now. Angle is a better wrestler but as an overall performer I'll take Flair in this one.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with you when you say Flair had the best promos. That's one of the reasons why I loved him so much. I remember back in the 80's and when he was NWA, his promos were just outstanding.

But Kurt Angle wasn't to shabby in that department either. There weren't obviously on the same level has Flair, but there's not many wrestlers that are. But in my opinion when you put those two wrestlers together and you look at both of them, I believe Angle is better overall. But it's very close.

It's tough, but I'm going with The Rock and Kurt Angle. I feel that both of them were the two greatest entertainers in the WWF/E. Even during times where they weren't so great, they shined above the other options up there. I always enjoyed when The Rock or Kurt Angle, and I usually considered it the "main event" even if it wasn't.

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
My vote goes to the Rock on this one. He had an amazing stage presence that still lives on today through his movies. I still sport my Rock shirt proudly.