• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best WrestleMania & Worst WrestleMania

HabsMike25

Registered Member
What is in your opinion the best WrestleMania & Worst WrestleMania. No wrong answer as we will have different views: Here are my picks:

Best: WrestleMania 17. From top to bottom this was the best Mania of them all. Not one bad match at all. Hardcore Match. was good , Vince vs Shane was great where I thought when Shane set Vince for the coast to coast I thought no chance Shane connects. TLC 2 was awesome with Edge perhaps doing the greatest spot in Mania history with the Spear of ladder on Jeff Hardy. Benoit vs Angle was a clinic, Triple H vs Undertaker a great match, Austin vs Rock was an insane match with a shocking ending no one saw coming.

Worst: WrestleMania 11. Not even a good HBK vs Diesel match could save this PPV. All around bad. IC match was awful. Even Bret vs Backlund was lacklustre. Not sure what they were thinking having LT vs Bigelow in the main event as it is the single worst main event in Mania history though Taker vs Reigns was equally bad a year ago. LT was awful in ring though Vince tried to put him over like a million dollars. Respect to Bigelow for doing what he could in this train wreck of a main event. WrestleMania 27 is a close 2nd for Worst WrestleMania

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I 100% agree with you on Mania 17...there are a few other good ones but no Mania was better than 17. In fact, no WWE PPV in general was better than 17. It was unbelievable.

As far as the worst, I'll go with a different one. Wrestlemania 9...ugh, I hate WM9. You mentioned 11 and that is my second least favorite and I agree 27 sucked as well. 9 had nothing going for with...nothing. Name one good match? There weren't any. I mean the Steiners vs the Headshrinkers was okay...the story with Doink and Crush was fine but the matched sucked. Luger vs Perfect? Horrible. Giant Gonzales and Undertaker? Maybe the worst match of all time. Hogan stealing the spotlight at the end? Bad. Backlund vs Ramon? Bad. Tatanka vs Michaels? Also bad.

Bad bad bad haha

HabsMike25

Registered Member
I 100% agree with you on Mania 17...there are a few other good ones but no Mania was better than 17. In fact, no WWE PPV in general was better than 17. It was unbelievable.

As far as the worst, I'll go with a different one. Wrestlemania 9...ugh, I hate WM9. You mentioned 11 and that is my second least favorite and I agree 27 sucked as well. 9 had nothing going for with...nothing. Name one good match? There weren't any. I mean the Steiners vs the Headshrinkers was okay...the story with Doink and Crush was fine but the matched sucked. Luger vs Perfect? Horrible. Giant Gonzales and Undertaker? Maybe the worst match of all time. Hogan stealing the spotlight at the end? Bad. Backlund vs Ramon? Bad. Tatanka vs Michaels? Also bad.

Bad bad bad haha
I do agree that WrestleMania 9 was very bad. HBK vs Tatanka & Steniers vs Headshrinkers were good but it went south fast. Taker vs Giant Gonzales was beyond bad. Hated. Hogan stealing spotlight from Bret at end & not wanting to put Bret over later on.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do agree that WrestleMania 9 was very bad. HBK vs Tatanka & Steniers vs Headshrinkers were good but it went south fast. Taker vs Giant Gonzales was beyond bad. Hated. Hogan stealing spotlight from Bret at end & not wanting to put Bret over later on.
Yeah so I guess the match wasn't bad but the thing that makes me hate Tatanka and HBK is because they had no story going in and threw together the Sherri and Luna stuff last minute. It was probably supposed to be Jannetty (again, like WM8) but he's too flaky.

Also, the count out finish was bogus. They didn't want to put the IC title on Tatanka but didn't want his undefeated streak to end so they wussied out haha.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
Yeah so I guess the match wasn't bad but the thing that makes me hate Tatanka and HBK is because they had no story going in and threw together the Sherri and Luna stuff last minute. It was probably supposed to be Jannetty (again, like WM8) but he's too flaky.

Also, the count out finish was bogus. They didn't want to put the IC title on Tatanka but didn't want his undefeated streak to end so they wussied out haha.
Hated the finish of Tatanka vs HBK as it ruined a great match & Tatanka should have gotten the IC Title. Tatanka was over with the fans at that time.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Well, Tatanka was pretty over with the fans right up until they had Ludvig Borga break his undefeated streak on a random edition of WWF Superstars around Summerslam 1993. Afterwards, he never fully recovered, especially when Vince went full throttle with Lex Luger's push around that time. I think that Tatanka should've gotten that push instead.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, Tatanka was pretty over with the fans right up until they had Ludvig Borga break his undefeated streak on a random edition of WWF Superstars around Summerslam 1993. Afterwards, he never fully recovered, especially when Vince went full throttle with Lex Luger's push around that time. I think that Tatanka should've gotten that push instead.
I cannot get behind this notion. Tatanka was the first face I cheered against as a kid. I hated that guy lol

I remember Mania 8 and rooting for Rick Martel to beat him and my family being very confused. But sure, he was over, fine.