• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Wrestlemania celebrity?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had promised to do some Wrestlemania threads leading up to Wrestlemania but have failed to produce more than one haha

This one is about celebrity involvement in the big dance. IMO the two best celebrities to be involved in Wrestlemania were Lawrence Taylor and Mike Tyson. If you feel someone else should be mentioned, mention them. Floyd Mayweather wasn't bad, I suppose, haha (Please don't mention Snookie even though I just did)

Lawrence Taylor wrestled Bam Bam Bigelow in the Main Event at Wrestlemania 11 and if you saw it, you'll see it wasn't bad and it was borderline good. Taylor did a tremendous job and Bam Bam was very hateable. They outshined Diesel and HBK IMO.

Then you have Mike Tyson who's only involvement was technically a huge punch to Michaels and a pin fall but there's no mistake that his presence was a HUGE HUGE HUGE deal at the time. His stuff with DX and Austin was epic and talked about all over the United States. He was still an important person at the time.

So who was the best ever? Again, feel free to mention someone else if I am forgetting someone.

Last edited:

Bosox04

Registered Member
First thing I thought when I saw the title of this thread was

"I wonder if I can put my worst ever being Snookie...

I think as far as involvement, you have to say Tyson...because of all of the WM celebs, Tyson was the only to have a main event tie in. Although, you could argue that Mr. T could be the biggest being in the first ever WM main event.

I think that overall it has to be Trump. The first man to bid for WM, and get two in an area that couldn't even imagine getting something that huge again. Not to mention the hair match with him and Vince. I go with Trump.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to go with Mike Tyson as well. It does help that he was involved in a great feud. He had a big impact leading to that match between Austin and Michaels, and he had a big impact during that match. Overall, it was just brilliant, and whoever thought of it deserves major cudos.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think as far as involvement, you have to say Tyson...because of all of the WM celebs, Tyson was the only to have a main event tie in. Although, you could argue that Mr. T could be the biggest being in the first ever WM main event.
I highlighted this part of your post because its not technically true because Lawrence Taylor of the New York Giants fought Bam Bam in the main event at Wrestlemania 11. Tyson was at the main event at Mania 14 but Taylor actually fought in a sanctioned match.

With that said I still pick Tyson because at the time when the WWE got him it was a huge deal. Bigger deal than even Taylor fighting in a match.

Ziggy

Sup?
Yeah but guys Snookie won a Slammy award for her Mania appearance.

I think I will go with Tyson as well. His involvement in the Austin/Michaels match solidified Austin as a badass to me. Tyson was the most dangerous man on the planet but Austin didn't give a fuck.