• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best & Worst Series Finales

Konshentz

Konshentz
What do you think is the best series finale of all time?

What do you think is the worst series finale of all time?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Best: M*A*S*H

It's still one of the most watched T.V. programs for all time. It was a highly emotional, proper sendoff for characters people spend, and spend, 13 years' worth of episodes getting to connect with.

Worst: Dexter

It was a horrible sendoff for a beloved character and the entire cast of side characters. Horrible ending for the cast and viewers. Never. Again. I won't even re-watch Dexter because the ending ruins it for me.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just stopping in to say that I’ll be mostly avoiding this thread as I don’t see any way to read this discussion without shows I’ve been planning to see getting very spoiled. 😰🤭

That being said, while I’m here; I’ll bite.

Everybody Loves Raymond had a perfect ending if you ask me.

The Office fell apart. ‘Nuff said. James Spader contributed to one of the funniest episodes of the series though, but other than that, the last season or however long it went without Michael Scott was not worth it.

Seinfeld I was good with. They really couldn’t have done much to end that show on a serious note. The show never took itself seriously and suddenly people wanted a real ending. The ending was dumb, but it was perfect for the show.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Just stopping in to say that I’ll be mostly avoiding this thread as I don’t see any way to read this discussion without shows I’ve been planning to see getting very spoiled. 😰🤭

That being said, while I’m here; I’ll bite.

Everybody Loves Raymond had a perfect ending if you ask me.

The Office fell apart. ‘Nuff said. James Spader contributed to one of the funniest episodes of the series though, but other than that, the last season or however long it went without Michael Scott was not worth it.

Seinfeld I was good with. They really couldn’t have done much to end that show on a serious note. The show never took itself seriously and suddenly people wanted a real ending. The ending was dumb, but it was perfect for the show.
Really? I agree seasons 8 and 9 without Carell weren’t as funny, but I loved the finale of the Office. Dwight becomes manager, he marries Angela, Jim and Pam leave for Athleap, I thought it was very well done.

I just saw Modern Families finale, I thought it was well done also. A good send off.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I did not hate the Office without Carrell at all...there was a lot of good stuff. Was it AS good? Nah. But was it bad? Hell no. I loved the Office finale and the Parks and Rec finale.

breaking bad finale was perfect as well

I dont think ive seen a bad finale unless im forgetting something. I've heard the Dexter rumors and that has prevented me from watching the series to be honest. Seinfeld's was....fine. Not bad, not great.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Oh yeah, Breaking Bad finale was awesome. That show was great from the pilot to the finale.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Best: "Family Meeting" - The Shield

One of the best cops dramas to ever exist and a show that put FX on the map when it came to prestige TV. Overall, this show easily makes my top 10 of all time. I think I chose Vic Mackey numerous times in our forums drafts and for good reason. It'd be really difficult to leave Mackey off my TV Mount Rushmore. With all that said, one of my favorite moments in the whole series was the series finale and the secondary character that takes center stage during it. I thought they nailed it. A nearly flawless installment. An incredible way to put a bow on the entire story. That hour or so of TV stuck with me for weeks and months after the credits rolled. I highly recommend the entire series.

Honorable mentions: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, LOST, The Office.

Worst: "Remember the Monsters?" - Dexter

Oof. What a terrible series finale to cap off a terrible finale season on what had been a drastically declining show. At one point Dexter was in the running as maybe a top 5-10 show of all time (for me). Three of the first four seasons were incredible, with four being the absolute peak and three not being as bad as we thought at the time, especially with what was to come in the latter half of the series. I take offense when people say Game of Thrones "Dextered" it. Haha. Other factors were at play for that series to come to a not-so-compelling end. Dexter on the other hand, they just absolutely fumbled what could have been an awesome and intense final season and maybe if they had the balls to end it the "right" way, they could have made up for seasons 5-7. But no. A total botch. A damn shame. This one may forever stay as my #1 worst finale ever. End of rant. 😅

Dishonorable mentions: The X-Files, Game of Thrones, ALF.

Reactions: Doc

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Best: 6 Feet Under (fight me)

Middle Ground: Game of Thrones

Worst: Dexter

• Love
Reactions: Doc

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I almost wanna watch Dexter now just to see if the ending really is THAT bad.

I say that because I am not very cynical and I like most things that I get invested in. So it would be interesting to see if I hated it or not.