• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Best / Worst Christmas films

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
It being the 9th of December and as Movies 24 has turned into Christmas 24 it is that time of year to all watch some nice Christmas films, some of them are great, some of them are just downright awful.

Total Films worst

Empires Best

I have to say I agree with both lists, both of them are correct in my opinion ESPECIALLY the No 1 choice of best Christmas movie, if you don't want to know what it is don't click the spoiler, if you didn't think of it shame on you!

Die Hard No1? YIPPY KI YAY MOTHER FUCKER!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't really consider Die Hard or Lethal Weapon Christmas movies, but I understand why they're there.

I won't use them on my list, so I have to go with Elf with my first selection of favorite Christmas movies with Home Alone 1 at the two spot and Home Alone 2 at the three spot.

Elf was frigging hilarious, I watch it every time it's on. Probably, my favorite Will Ferrell movie. I just thought he was gold.

I also love the cartoon Christmas movies like Frosty the Snowman and The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. I still watch them every year.

Worst, by far is Christmas Story. I hated it when I was younger, and decided to give it another chance when I was older and I still hated it. Terrible, terrible movie.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Of course Die Hard is a Christmas Movie. It is based at a Christmas party. It definitely belongs on the list and is one of my all time favourites. It's hard to pick what my number 1 would be as I like quite a few. Bad Santa, Die Hard, The Snowman, Home Alone (1 and 2), Scrooged, Edward Scissorhands... The list goes on.

The worst one I have seen is Silent Night, Deadly Night.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, it happens at a Christmas party, but it doesn't revolve around Christmas, it revolves about bad guys, and one cop trying to save the day and kicking ass while doing it. That's why I don't believe it's a Christmas movie.