• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

best ways to prepare?

I was wondering what the best things to do to prepare for a child are? taking classes, talking to parents, reading books?

oh and what is the best advice you got while pregnant?

Blueyes

Registered Member
You know, I have found just from watching friends who have children and/or pregnant, people will start coming out the woodworks telling you how you should raise your child, things you need to do, etc.

I dunno, if you are a first time parent, I'd probably go with family IF you are on speaking terms with them and/or maybe some classes at the hospital?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Raise your kid the way you see fit. Maybe take some basic psychology classes to help you understand how to help the child grow mentally.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I'd probably do some of all of the above. There's obviously going to be conflicting info, but go with what makes the most sense.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I was wondering what the best things to do to prepare for a child are? taking classes, talking to parents, reading books?

oh and what is the best advice you got while pregnant?

I observed other parents, I talked to them (especially the ones I respect and admire in the parenting field), and I've read books.

Best advice for me was to follow my heart. There will be several versions on how to raise your child and they will be conflicting often. Sometimes, you are really the only one who would know which would work (call it maternal instinct or whatever) best for you and your child.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
There is nothing you can realy do to prepare for your child's arrival. Kids are living proof that the chaos theory does exist or the reason cats don't have opposable thumbs.
Anything and everything can happen with children. But on the good side you now get an instruction manuel when you leave the hospital with your new born baby. (No Joke)

The best thing you can do is start buying butt pads and wipes now cause baby's are poop machines. Also might want to invest in a video monitor for the child's room. Those things are a life saver.

angel that is an unnessecary reply and i would appriciate it if you could not post in my threads, i dont think your rudeness or attitude are needed here. lets try to be adults here, if you can.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
to be honest, EWR, it's a sound piece of advice. If you're bringing a child into this world, you need to have a stable place to live. Few things are more important in a child's life than stability, predictability, and routine.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
angel that is an unnessecary reply and i would appriciate it if you could not post in my threads, i dont think your rudeness or attitude are needed here. lets try to be adults here, if you can.
You can't tell people not to post in your threads. If you have a problem with a member, add him or her to your ignore list.