• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Ways to Make Micro-Investestments?

NellyBell

Registered Member
I currently use the Acorns app and I'm wondering what other micro-investing apps are out there - or if there are websites, some other kind of tool or method people use for those kinds of investments. Have you had much success? Are there any apps you suggest steering clear of?

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
I second Robinhood. When I signed up they gave new users a single piece of free stock. They usually offer some incentive to sign up, either free stock or starter money. Dave Ramsey and some other gurus aren't fans of micro-investing, but it's worked well for me so far.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
You know what's fun about RH? Daytrading for pennies. Its a trip. 2 days ago I saw MTBC start to skyrocket at close so I bought 2 shares for $3. Yesterday morning I sold those 2 shares for $5. I don't know anything about MTBC and I don't care if I lose all of that $6.

There's a thrill of buying a stock that's going up and selling the same day or the next at a profit. I get the same thrill if I make $4 as if I make $400 so I do it for pennies instead of real money. Its just fun, I do it all the time.

NellyBell

Registered Member
I'll have to check out this Robin Hood app. That sounds like a lot of fun! Shoot, I'm down for anything that makes $4 feel like $400. How much did you guys know about stocks beforehand? I'm guessing it isn't a terrible learning process when you're betting pennies but I'm a total newbie. That's why Acorn appealed to me.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Well, here goes nothing. I signed up using your link, so hurrah for free stock for both of us. I'm about to download the app and get the ball rolling. Thanks!

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I Got siri. What did you get? Wow that was fun! Gonna sell that dog siri at open.

Edit. Can't sell for 3 days.

Last edited:

NellyBell

Registered Member
Oh, Siri sounds fun! I ended up getting Chesapeake Energy...which I don't think falls under any of those three. Maybe those were just for you? Either way, I'm pleased.