• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best video game soundtracks

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
In your opinion, what are some of the best video game soundtracks out there?

For me, in terms of retro games, nothing will ever beat Streets of Rage 2. I just realized recently while listening to Childish Gambino's Camp album that he sampled some of the OST from this game for his tracks. That was actually a pretty neat easter egg.

For more recent games, I'd go with Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number. I still haven't played this game because top down shooters aren't really my thing, but my boyfriend pretty much plays it every night before bed so I've had a chance to actually listen to the kick ass soundtrack before bed. Dust is an amazing song for this game. I ended up loving the soundtrack so much that I have a separate playlist for it on my phone.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I listed mine in the Top 5 thread. I'll re-list them here in order:

Perfect Dark End Credits

Perfect Dark - End Credits

Chrono Trigger Lavos Battle 1

Let's Listen: Chrono Trigger - World Revolution, Lavos Battle (Extended)

Mario Kart 64 End Credits

Mario Kart 64 End Credits: No Border with Wide View

Chrono Trigger Corridors of Time

Corridors of Time - Chrono Trigger Music Extended

Battletoads and Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team Intro Theme

Battletoads & Double Dragon Intro (SNES Introduction)

But my tastes are biased because I prioritize with stuff I can use in video projects.

I might go on and add 5 more if I can do it without holding up the page loading time with full videos here that I don't need.

Twitch

Registered Member
Some of my favorites:

Probably my first favorite game soundtrack

Most recently, I've realized how good the music is in this game

But I think my all-time favorite would have to be..

Also, honorable mention to the Fallout 3 and 4 radio stations. Mostly not music made for the game but still incredible.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I agree with Ori and the Blind Forest. Some other faves of mine are the Uncharted Series, Journey, Fallout 4 and so many others. I can't even think now. I might post again later when I remember more.

In particular, this track from Fallout 4 is one I never tire of.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Hotline Miami and it's not even close. I'd give an honorable mention to The Last of Us and Uncharted 2.