Best team managment in the league

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by padd, Aug 30, 2008.

1. padd

padd Registered Member

I'll start off by saying Montreal and Detroit. Win or loose I have always admired Montreal's management. although 1994-2004 was a bad stretch of managers and coaches.

I'll get into detail once the debate kicks off.. lol

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

The Wild and the Predators, both have managed to out-compete much more established teams. The Predators can be faulted for being financially disaterous, but that has more to do with the location than with the team.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Some people will say I'm bias here, but I have to go with Montreal. The things that Gainey has done since he has arrived as the General Manager is amazing.

Just look at last year. People predicted Montreal to finished before last in the Eastern Conference, well they finished first. Also you got to remember that it's very hard for Montreal to sign a big time player, especially if he's french because of the pressure of playing in Montreal is so high.

I have to agree with the other selections from Padd and Kazmarov.

But Montreal is the best in my opinion.

4. padd

padd Registered Member

But Mtl had horrible management at 1 point, I forgot who was the manager, it was around the time Tremblay was coach. and it was between both Savards, I think it was Rejean Houle.. he was a TERIBBLE manager. Andre Savard was okay as well, I belive not many gave him a chance. He aquired the draft pick that became Plekanec along with Zednik at the time.
    ------
    I hope Plekanec doesn't become like Zednik...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  5. lid6j86

lid6j86 New Member

bruins should come back to their glory days

6. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Some of you might not believe I'm typing this, but Detroit has the best management. They have a whole roster of high calibur talent with such a low payroll compared to the talent there. Hands down, Detroit knows how to manage things.

7. padd

padd Registered Member

What makes the team management of montreal good.. or should I say, a potential good future is the fact that they can handle & train their prospects. they'll keep all their rookies in the minors for years and years, then when they need someone, instead of aquiring a player or a draft pick, just call up a player. Although it is a risk, it turned out good with Plekanec & Higgins, but it turned out bad with let say.. Jason Ward.