• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo Best Super Smash Bros. Game?

What is your favorite Super Smash Bros. Game?

• Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo 64)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee (Nintendo Gamecube)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo Wii)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
My Nintendo Gamecube memory card recently got corrupted and I had to erase it, I had no backup of my smash data, so I'm just running through the game again. It got me thinking about the series as a whole though.

As of right now there are 3 installments in the Super Smash Bros. Series.

They are as follows.

-Super Smash Bros. (N64)
-Super Smash Bros. Melee (NGC)
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)

There has been a lot of critique concerning this series. Which one is your favorite? Why?

Having played all three of these games within the past week, I'm going to go ahead and choose Melee as the best game in the series. It was the game that really introduced modern controls into the series as well as a vast array of characters, maps, and game modes. There is simply nothing wrong with this game (except that it lacks a few nice tweaks that Brawl has.) The main reason why I like this game the best of the three is that the character balance is absolutely superb. Unless you were to play as Roy or Pikachu, every character in the game is on a level playing field, this makes for incredibly fun and competitive gameplay.

Super Smash Bros. Melee is, in my opinion, the single greatest 4 player console game ever created. It's the essence of perfection on the multiplayer front, simply superb. The only other titles that compete with it are other titles made by Nintendo.

I do wish that the game allowed for you to make your own maps, adjust stamina HP, choose a random character, true 480p (with widescreen), online support, and overall create more specific custom games (as you can in brawl). As I generally play all smash games without items, I don't really have an opinion on the items in the games.

What's your favorite game in the series?

Last edited: