TV Best Star Trek Series?

Which do you think was the best Star Trek series?

• Total voters

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
For all you Trekies out there, which do you think was the best Star Trek series?

Why do you like it, and who was your favorite character from that series?

I'm going to go with Voyager. I don't like how after Voyager they went backwards. TNG was cheesy if you asked me, especially towards the beginning of the series. As it advanced the graphics and acting got better.

Voyager always impressed me because the graphics were good, and you could get into the characters more so then you could in the others. Also the relationships between the characters were deeper.

My favorite character on Voyager was probably the doctor. I loved his wit, sarcasm and one liners.

Discuss...

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I voted TNG. Cheesy, sure, but it still embodies the real fantasy of faster-than-light space exploration.

(I'm a little biased, since I've seen TNG and DS9 both from start to finish)

I can't really decide which had the better ensemble of characters between TNG and DS9, though... Both did an amazing job of development over the course of their run.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I only ever saw the first 3 in the poll (Original, TNG and DS9).
I enjoyed both TNG and DS9.
My favourite character from TNG is William Riker and Jadzia in DS9

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
It's all about The Next Generation
That's my favorite too. I tried to get interested with the other series but it just doesn't do it for me. I like the all of the main crew but mostly Data (and I cried over the movie, Nemesis, haha). My next favorite would be the Original.

Sim

Registered Member
I voted for DS9, although the original series (TOS) is the series I still like watching most. But TOS is out of competition -- it's the original and its 60s' style is unique. I loved it as a kid and still love it for nostalgia.

As for the new four series, I like DS9 most, hands down -- it has the best character development of all new Star Trek series, the most intelligent dialogues, the most diverse group of characters and the best story arc spanning over several seasons. There are also great special effects in the later seasons.

I like TNG too, but not as much as DS9. The characters are not as diverse as in DS9, some are not developed as much (Geordi or Beverly, for example), there are no real story arcs (it more or less doesn't matter in which order you watch the episodes) and especially in the earlier seasons, the special effects are rather cheesy. But still a great series with several classic episodes and great SF-stories.

"Voyager" is the Star Trek series I like least. It started with a great premise, but didn't make anything of it. There is hardly a character in the cast I like or can identify with, except maybe for the Doctor. But I hate Neelix, for example, and find Tom, B'Elanna and especially Janeway annoying. Also, there is much fewer character development than in the other series and often, the characters even act very atypical, just because the writers needed it for the story. There are a few episodes which I like, some had great SF-ideas, but I never got into the characters (although I really tried). And way too many episodes are weak variations of plots that had been used in TNG already, and there were way too many boring "forehead of the week"-aliens. Since VOY had to compete with DS9 during most of its run, it never had a chance for me to reach it.

I like "Enterprise" more than "Voyager", but not as much as TNG or even DS9. I like the characters, or at least most of them, they were much more accessible for me than the "Voyager" characters. But the series suffered from creative burnout, at least in the first three seasons, in my opinion: Instead of actually exploring the prequel promise as they did in the magnificent 4th season, we had tired old plot devices recycled from the previous series during season 1 and especially 2, and boring new enemies (Suliban, Xindi) in season 3. But I love season 4. If they had started with what they did in season 4 right from the beginning, ENT may have become my favorite next to DS9, but considering the waste most of season 1 to 3 were, it'll have to settle for the 3rd place after DS9 and TNG.

Btw, in two hours, I'll be sitting in the theatre watching the new Star Trek movie already with a couple of friends. I'm looking forward to it and I'm very curious! :)

The Next Generation, for one I used to watch that series with my parents when I was younger and I got used to seeing Patrick Stewart as the captain. Plus I liked the intro theme.

Voyager was another series I liked although I didn't watch it that often and only recently got into it because of a Voyager-based game.

Pointless note: the Borg are annoying enemies.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
The Next Generation, for one I used to watch that series with my parents when I was younger and I got used to seeing Patrick Stewart as the captain. Plus I liked the intro theme.

Voyager was another series I liked although I didn't watch it that often and only recently got into it because of a Voyager-based game.

Pointless note: the Borg are annoying enemies.
But they make for a fun show! If I know it's gonna be a Borg episode, I make sure to DVR it :)

Marvelous1

Registered Member
The Next Generation is my favorite. During its original run it was appointment television for me. note to micfranklin: We are the Borg. Resistance is futile!

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
TNG ftw. Unless the episode was about Beverly Crusher or was set on the Klingon home planet, it was awesome.

My favorite episodes involved Reg, especially the one where the crew de-evolved. Second-favorite episode is the one with Picard's other life.