• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games Best soundtracks?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
For me, any GTA game has amazing soundtracks through the car radio. FIFA franchise also is good with soundtrack, some epic music over the years.

dDave

V.I.P.
Video game soundtracks I have.

-Goldeneye 007
-Perfect Dark
-Jet Force Gemini
-DK64
-Super Mario 64
-Ocarina of Time
-Ura Zelda
-Majora's Mask
-Legend of Zelda
-Zelda II
-A Link to the Past
-Dungeon Siege
-Dungeon Siege 2
-StarCraft
-Total Annihilation
-Zelda: Windwaker
-Metroid Prime
-Mass Effect
-Mass Effect 2
-Mass Effect 3
-Nintendo World cup soccer
-The Lost World
-Nights Into Dreams
-Sonic The Hedgehog
-Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Out of all of those the ones that really stand out to me would be Mass Effect 3, Ocarina of Time, and Perfect Dark. I love most of the stuff I have listed but those 3 rise above the rest. If I only had to pick one it would be Perfect Dark for sure.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The Halo games usually have pretty epic soundtracks. I also love some of the music in Metroid Prime. It's very unique and adds a lot to the atmosphere.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
One of the ones that stand out to me is the Need for Speed games. I really liked the Underground 2 soundtrack a lot.

Halo 2 had a really good soundtrack as well.

dDave

V.I.P.
The Halo games usually have pretty epic soundtracks. I also love some of the music in Metroid Prime. It's very unique and adds a lot to the atmosphere.
Metroid Prime has a great soundtrack. Lots of it isn't all that good for actual listening though. It fits about as perfectly as possible with the actual game though.

It's true, Halo does have some epic music. I really like how the drums just drive the music forward and really set the pace. Actually one of the things about the game that I thought was really well done.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I really enjoyed the soundtracks in the Uncharted series & The Last of Us. I thought they added to the experience. I was a big fan of the GTA radio stations as well.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Tony Hawk 3 had a pretty awesome soundtrack. I also really liked the GTA IV soundtrack.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
My three favorite soundtracks would have to be SMT Nocturne because the boss and battle music for every situtation were amazingly done and most of the other music in the game was great.

Next it would have to be Knights in the Nightmare due to the fact that all but about ten percent of the music is fast pace, which matches well with the hectic and chaotic pace of the game.

Finally it would have to be Dark Souls since all of the music for the bosses fit the mood rather excelently and for the rare couple of cases where music was playing in a non-boss fight the music was calm and uplifting.