Best Single Player Games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Sam2610, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Sam2610

Sam2610 New Member

Good single player games? :confused:

Spill the beans guys and gals ;)

2. Dav1t

Dav1t Registered Member

That would depend on what you liked. I like shooting people so for single player action I would go for Half Life 2. If I want something a bit more in depth or thought provoking I will hit up Fallout 3 or Dragon Age: Origins.

Sometimes you can't beat a bit of Command & Conquer.

What's your idea of the best single player?

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

o-- StarOcean: The Second Story
    o-- Final Fantasy 1-12
    o-- Secret of Mana
    o-- Chrono Trigger
    o-- Dark Cloud 2
    o-- Odin Sphere

Let's hear it for... ROLE PLAYING GAMES!!

~ silence ~

o-- Final Fantasy Tactics
    o-- Contra
    o-- Cultcept

Those listed are probably my favorite single player games at the moment. They're subject to change.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
    Scissorhands likes this.
  4. Scissorhands

Scissorhands Registered Member

I just fell in live with you.

Let's go back in time:

Monster Rancher 1-3
    Legend Of Mana (Can also be 2 player)
    Conker's Bad Fur Day (The Original)
    TES Morrowind. (But it gets lonely if you are used to online games.)
    Fable was always fun.
    Black and White (1 and 2)

I don't play many games anymore. =( I wish I could but I don't own a system or anything. And I do not have a job so I can not buy games! =(

viLky likes this.
  5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

This is kind of a broad topic. Best single player games of all time? Or just current gen?

You can't go wrong with any of the Zelda or Metroid games.

Splinter Cell
    Grand Theft Auto
    Gears of War
    Goldeneye and Perfect Dark

6. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Oblivion for me. One of my favorite video games ever.

7. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Bear in mind it's also a pretty subjective topic.

If you like puzzle games, there's The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour. Though, be prepared to spend a very, very long time on them. Unless you're a puzzle wiz. In which case, give me your brains.

The original Metal Gear on the MSX is alright. Dated, but still fun. Make sure it's the MSX version though, the NES? Pretty shit. To the point where Kojima doesn't really consider it Metal Gear. Though, if you want an improved experience, go for Metal Gear: Solid Snake (MSX again). Adds new features.

For adventuring, there's the Ace Attorney series, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, the Monkey Island series (I can't comment on Tales of MI), and hell, let's throw the Quest for Glory series in there as well.

I can't think of anything else. Because otherwise I'd end up listing a hell of a lot more, and at this point, the requirements are vague, so...I'd be here forever.

8. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I have been playing Dragon Age Origins at the moment, I'm getting into it, it mixes a lot of different styles of RPG into one which I think they have done well.

9. Sam2610

Sam2610 New Member

Okay sorry guys I was a tad vague there,
    I'm talking current gen games and I guess something with a little action behind it :)

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

What consoles do you have? What types of games do you usually enjoy? I'm currently playing Bioshock and it's pretty fun so far.