Best Singers

Discussion in 'Music' started by MAgnum9987, Oct 22, 2009.

1. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Who has the most phenomenal voice in music history of music?

Now, I have heard quite a few great singers, but I believe Etta James takes the credit here.
    Proof
    YouTube - Etta James - All I Could do was Cry
    She can really rail, but she can hit beautiful notes, and sings with absolutely beautiful passion. She truly sang the blues, and was only one of a few women to do so, and did it with Golden Pipes.

icegoat63 likes this.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's so many to choose from, in my opinion though it's between Michael Jackson, George Michael or Freddy Mercury. All of those singers are very diverse meaning they can either sing up beat songs or slow songs. Also unlike tons of other singers they sound great in the studio and live. I would rank Phil Collins up there as well. Seen him live and he was amazing.

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Mariah Carey, Whitney Huston, Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera, Anastacia.
    those are great voices, to me.

4. Jack_Daniels

Jack_Daniels New Member

Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead
    Hank Williams Sr.
    Jamey Johnson

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

George Jones has a great voice. I'd rank him up there.

6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

ysabel likes this.
  7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Barry White in my opinion.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I don't understand how no one else mentioned Michael Jackson, not only was he a tremendous singer but he has been all his life, even at the tender age of five years old. Listen to Who's Loving you and Ben by Michael Jackson and you'll understand what I'm trying to say. There's tons out there that proves this man was an amazing singer, and even live as well.

EllyDicious likes this.
  9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I do agree with you on MJ, and I also think Freddie had an amazing voice. They're the only two that spring to mind straight away for me, though there's a lot of talent out there.

10. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Impossible to choose a "best" singer ever personally, as a great singer in one genre is uncomparable to a great singer in another genre. For example, Corey Taylor is my favourite metal vocalist and Andrea Bocelli probably my favourite operatic vocalist but i'd never be able to compare them or say who is 'better'! So a group of people that come to mind as legends in their genre:

Freddie Mercury
    Corey Taylor
    Andrea Bocelli
    Aretha Franklin
    Tina Turner
    Ella Fitgerald
    Marvin Gaye
    Jeff Buckley
    Art Garfunkel

Gonna stop there cus i know i'll just keep on thinking "oh, i can't leave THAT person out!" and i'll end up with 90 names :p Those 9 were some of the first that came to mind though so they're all contenders for best singer ever in my book!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009