Best Shooter

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, May 4, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Who do you think is the best shooter in the league today and why? I think there's a lot of great shooters like Peja, Dirk and others, but I think the guys who shoots with ease has to be Ray Allen, the guy just shoots the ball with no problems, and most of the time it goes in, he's an incredible shooter, and I think the best in the League today.

2. fatboy

fatboy Guest

Ray Allen is definitely the man and Raja Bell. close call.

3. Babe_Ruth

Raja Bell is a good shooter but not even in the same league as Ray Allen. But is teamate Steve Nash can be considered in that category aswell. Another guy you can put on the list is Mike Bibby, everytime this guy shoots he never misses, especially in clutch situations.

4. fatboy

fatboy Guest

according the stats given in yahoo,

Ray Allen with 269
    Gilbert Arenas with 199
    Raja Bell with 197
    Mike Bibby with 192

Nash is 16th on the list behind even, thats right, Kobe.(I just merged your messages together because you double posted).

5. Babe_Ruth

Yea Nash is 16th on the list because he hardly shoots compared to these guys. Gilbert Arenas is a guy I forgot to mentioned this guy is a shooting machine

6. fatboy

fatboy Guest

i think i would have to disagree. Nash is excellent. he does everything well, including shoot, but to put him in the elite shooters. he is 24th in FG% and 16th in 3's made. to me not in the same category as Ray Allen. you cant say it is because he doesn't shoot as much because of his percentage. the category is best shooter that is anywhere on the court. not just behind the line.

7. Babe_Ruth

Yea I guess I was wrong about my last comment. I just think that if Nash was a shooter instead of a passer he'd be an amazing shooter. Everytime I see him play he never misses lol. But yea I guess he doesn't deserve to be in the elite in that category.

8. the.game

the.game Guest

Michael Redd, Ray Allen, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki and Peja Stojakovic (soon to be JJ Redick) beyond the arc but add Kobe Bryant and Rip Hamilton to that list if you want to include mid-range shooters. Kobe's percentages might disagree but it's because he often (not so much anymore) takes ill-advised shots with a ridiculous degree of difficulty throughout the season.

9. Babe_Ruth

Yup that's true that's why is shooting percentage is so low. But I can't believe I didn't put Michael Redd on the list the guy is an amazing shooter he impresses me a lot. Also I would have to agree with you on JJ Reddick the guy has a sick shot.

10. fatboy

fatboy Guest

kobe shoots 45% from the field. for as many shots as he takes that is pretty damn good. Nash and dirk are good shooters but you cant put them in the same category as the good shooters like the others you mentioned.