• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Game Cube best rpg?

vanpostal

hey people, ive never done an internet group before so i thought i would give this a try. i'm a medical student who needs his occasional "study break" so i was thinking about getting a new game (if my wife lets me :) ) i have a gamcube and i enjoy RPGs. i was wondering if anyone had any advice on which one is really good for the GC. thanks

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hi Vanpostal, welcome. Well, what type of RPG's do you prefer? Turn based or realtime?

An example of turn based would be how Final Fantasy does it, where you select your spell/attack/etc and then the opponent does, and then it plays out.

Realtime would be more where all of the attacks are ***igned buttons, and variables and damage is calculated all behind the scenes as you fight enemies, giving the game more of an action feel instead of a turn based feel.

Which type are you looking for?

vanpostal

hmmm..:rolleyes: i guess in the past i have liked both and like them both. what would be considered the best in either category? i guess what i would really like is a game with lots of game play and one that i wont be finished with in a short time.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
The gamecube does not have many RPG's

heres a list of RPG's

Skies of Arcadia Legends
Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1&2 (theres another one called plus)
Tales of Symphonia
X-Men Legends
Yu-Gi-Oh Falsebound Kingdom
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Lost Kingdoms

out of all those games, Skies of Arcadia, Tales of Symphonia, and Paper Mario have all gotten pretty decent reviews... X-Men is more of a action RPG... you actually gain levels and powers and such

Nintendo also lists Zelda games as RPG's... and any of those are great games to play

fuzzykitten3769

Registered Member
I've have a couple rpgs in my collection for gamecube one is Final Fantasy CC and the other is Paper Mario in respect to which one of the RPG's are the best for gamecube it depends on who you talk to but generally a big favorite is Tales of Syphonia. In my own personal collection if you could get past some of the kidish stuff paper mario offers some good gameplay.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I personally liked Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. It'll take an experienced player aobut thirty hours to finish, and has a decent level-up system. It can be found for only $20 and it's a good game to play occ***ionally.

fuzzykitten3769

Registered Member
Hmmm maybe that would be worth a try I generally avoid games from movies, tv shows and so on. But I might rent it before I buy it..... How is the battle system on it?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It's turn-based. There's no other real way to say it. There's magic attacks, and the more mp you use the stronger the attack. You have your people you can dedicate as healers and all, and the people who are always strong. I doubt you'll find a place to rent it, and it's not based off of the characters from the movie. It's a story that follows the movie's story through all three.