PlayStation 1 Best PS Final Fantasy Game

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Danitude, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Danitude

Danitude Registered Member

I think that Final Fantasy 9 was excellent and the most enjoyable of them all. Though Final Fantasy 7 had the best story.

2. Jak_It_Up

Jak_It_Up Registered Member

i never liked the Final Fantasy games. taking turns hitting one person at a time got really boring :zz:. thats just my opinion. i'm not saying that they're terrible games, just not something i like. i'm more of a constant action person.

3. Spinlock

Spinlock Registered Member

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic at hand.

It's a toss-up for me between 8 and 9. 8 had a great story, and a great battle system. However, the graphics are so dated... except, I think the cut-scenes fit better. Fantastic cut-scenes, too.

9 had better in-game graphics. As great as the FMV's were, though, it was difficult at times to recognize the characters. They were nigh unrecognizable at times. Also, the character development was a little too weird for me.

I really intend to go back and play both of them (I still need to finish 8, and I want to go back and max my characters out on 9, just for kicks.) ePsxe, here I come!

4. fatman

fatman New Member

the best one for me was 9 because it was the first one i played and the story was great and i liked the battle system. 8 is close behind 9.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

FFVII was my favorite to play, but IX was easily the best story of them all.

6. Delinquent

Delinquent Registered Member

Personally for me it was IX, i prefered the story and visuals. When you think about it, it was also more fantasy than the others.

7. Gwiz

Gwiz Registered Member

Final Fantasy VII is one of the greatest game ever made becuase of the storyline.

8. tfb9999

tfb9999 Registered Member

9 was great because it took elements from the original Final Fantasy game and gave it a fresh new look. And the gameplay was simple and fun, just like how FF should be.

However I have to give it to FF8 because the story and the characters are more likable, and I really liked the Draw/Junction system.

9. Fantasy

Fantasy The White Wolf

...I still need to play IX, I finally found a copy of it and VIII the other day...$100 apiece.
    ._.

Anyways, my opinion of the best FFs has been jumping around a bit lately, awhile ago, I prolly would've said FFVII, not quite so long ago, VIII, but, after playing FFVI again a few weeks ago, my opinion would've changed to it. Sooo, since this is a PSX FF thread, I'm voting FF Anthologies.
    (Yes, I loved the class change system in V as well. xP! )

10. tfb9999

tfb9999 Registered Member

$100? That's pretty unreasonable especially for old games...maybe you should try ebay or something because YOU REALLY NEED TO PLAY IX
    D: