• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Point Guard

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who do you think is the best Point Guard in the game today? It's hard to choose because there's so many great ones like: Jason Kidd, Steve Nash and Chauncey Billups. My vote has to go to Steve Nash obviously because I picked him to win the MVP. He's a true point guard even though he can score anytime he wants too he rather pass and get is teamates involved, and that's what makes you a true point guard. I am not saying that billups and Kidd aren't true Point guards but they have an all star cast to pass too, which makes their job easier.

F

fatboy

its hard to say. i think nash too. there are others that are great. tony parker and jason kid are close to my next.

K

Killa KMS

Well personally i would prefer JKidd anyday but Nash is doing his thing right now he's on top.

A

ajclay

I go Nash here..

Billups is up there.. but with his team being so good, he will not get as many votes..
is that right? I do not think so, but it is what it is....

oh, and Kidd is good for a fantasy basketball team!
:)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Kidd is up there because he's the best rebounding guard in the game, but like everyone is saying Nash is too good right now and it will be a couple years until he get over-thrown as best point guard in the league. Look for Tony Parker or maybe Chauncey Billups take that place in the near future.

T

the.game

In three years, Chris Paul will be the best PG in the league but right now, it's Nash followed by Kidd and Billups. Nash is a beneficiary of D'Antoni's system but you would be hard pressed to find another point guard who can run that system as effectively as him. Kidd can't shoot the ball well enough and Billups is at his best in a half-court offense.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree even Kidd admits it, if he was counted on to score in this League then he would be out of it a long time ago. Also I would have to agree with you on that assumption about Chris Paul because he had a monster rookie year, and the key word is rookie.