Best players today?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Who do you think is the best player today and why? In my opinion it's Ronaldihno, just because he's the complete package, he has tremoundous skills, he has a rifle for a shot, and he can deak anyone at almost anytime.

#4 Guest

i don't think Ronaldinho is the best player cuz he won't be a person, he is like an alien. he can dribble, he can shoot, he can pass, he can score. he can do everything perfectly as nobody can :D

3. IntheNet

IntheNet Guest

Hard to answer today. Use to be easy... a few years ago I would have said that best overall player was in fact a keeper:
    Freidel. Now that he plays only for club team Blackburn Rovers and has retired from professional status... I need to pick another...
    Beckham? Possibly... but he is only on field for England for clever goal kicks/penalty shots (wasn't it sick to watch him vomit on field this week?)...
    Ronaldinho? An interesting pick but I think his fancy footwork makes him more a sideshow and I doubt he is the best today...
    Ronaldo? He was the best but he is way overweight now and slow.
    Figo? He dazzles but like Ronaldo has lost lots of his skill...

I don't know who is the "best" now... I'll think about it... For now I'll go with Tim Howard (USA Men's Team Backup keeper)...he's played with ManU. Arena was a fool for not putting Tim Howard in net against Ghana... Kasey throughly unimpressed me...

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

People only something bad about Ronaldo weight when he's playing bad, but now that he's playing well and became the the best goal scorer in World Cup history he's on getting praise. He's not that slow either, and I would have to disagree that Ronaldihno is only a side show, because the man can score, yes he might do the dazzle thing a lot, but he still puts the ball in the net, and is the best overall player in Soccer.

5. RajaB

RajaB Guest

i think ronaldinho is the best too but hes not playing to well in the fafa world cup this year :'(